Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cracked Versa Screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am not a happy versa owner.  I just finished a chat and told the rep, I cracked the screen. He gave me a case number and asked for a picture.  I had hope what I was reading online today was false!  Went through all the trouble and he said at the moment the issue is not covered, so I said, what can be done?  He said  send me a picture.  So, I did.  Fitbit foes not have a repair program for, not a one of their devices, but the are focused on customer service! REALLY, CUSTOMER NO SERVICE.  Yes, I cracked it and am willing to pay for the screen, but not repair program! What the HELL!  So, we are suppose to keep buying these products? Not this chick!  Thank goodness for a screen protector!  I will be looking into another device, I am Fitbit out!!!! How else do we get our point across! I even asked for a survey to be emailed to me, do you think that will happen?  NO WAY!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Even Apple doesn't cover cracked screens.  If you crack an Apple screen, you can usually find a screen repair place, but the work is not done by Apple, it's done by a third party.

You could try to see if you have any Apple screen repair stores around your area and see if they do Fitbits too, but it's unlikely.  

It's just one of those things I expect.  If I crack the screen, I will have to pay for a new device because it's my fault.  

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Even Apple doesn't cover cracked screens.  If you crack an Apple screen, you can usually find a screen repair place, but the work is not done by Apple, it's done by a third party.

You could try to see if you have any Apple screen repair stores around your area and see if they do Fitbits too, but it's unlikely.  

It's just one of those things I expect.  If I crack the screen, I will have to pay for a new device because it's my fault.  

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

@Upsetversacusto First, if I were you, I would be most upset by the fact that they made you go through the whole sending a picture thing, as if they were going to help you. Why bother getting a picture? You told them it was cracked. They knew they weren't going to do anything for you.

I do have a couple of suggestions for you, though:

1) If you bought with a credit card, your bank might offer some sort of purchase protection.

2) You should check consumer laws in your area. There was someone in another thread who mentioned that there is a consumer law where she lives that prevents companies from excluding wear and tear from the first 6 months of a warranty.

Best Answer

Thank you! I will check... The fact he asked me to take a picture and gave me a case number, knowing he was not going to do anything, did irritate me! 

Best Answer
0 Votes