Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dancing or aerobic activity tracking

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've seen a LOT of requests for dancing as an activity shortcut, back for years. I can't reply in any so starting a new one.

My harder workouts are always dancing and pilates.

There's no Dance exercise shortcut. I swear there used to be a generic "aerobic activity" shortcut.

Can somebody please explain where this went? Or just add dancing. 

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Also: why on earth does this post me as a "recovery runner"? I've never run. Ever.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@hviola   There is an "Aerobic Workout" that is one of the auto-recognized exercises.  For those of us that want to use the Exercise app, we are stuck with Workout. 

As far as your Recovery Runner label, Fitbit has a ranking based on activity and participation within the Fitbit community.  Although it has expanded, Fitbit is step based at its core.  All these rankings are step based and have nothing to do with your favorite activity.  Or, in your case, your least favorite activity.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks!

What is an auto-recognized workout/exercise? 

It sounds obvious but I've never had a fitbit track something automatically, and I've had 5-6 trackers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@hviola   Auto-recognition is the feature that Fitbit calls SmartTrack.  It is designed to recognize certain activities and track them without you having to do anything.  Your Versa can recognize

• Walk
  • Run
  • Outdoor Bike
  • Elliptical
  • Sports
  • Aerobic Workout
  • Swimming

Tap on your Exercise tile, then tap on the gear icon.  The default setting is 15 minutes for any activity.  You can shorten it to 10 minutes to help with recognition -- a break might throw it off.  You can also turn auto-recognition for any individual activity off on the same app page where you set the time.

I do not dance for exercise, but I dance when the mood hits me.  Yesterday, i was out for a walk.  Part way through, I started dancing down the sidewalk.  Later, I walked the rest of the way.  My exercise record shows a 37 minute walk, immediately followed by a 13 minute elliptical, followed by a 17 minute walk.  I am not making this up.

SmartTrack seems to pick up my dancing as elliptical -- it has been recorded as both elliptical or aerobic workout.  It can be renamed to Dance in the exercise history.  Zumba is also a choice.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks! I just got a Versa after my Ionic went crazy. I'll see if the Versa auto recognizes anything. The Ionic never did. It was flukey since day one. 

Best Answer
0 Votes