Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different floor counts for the same activity

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My husband and I both have a Versa. We were together all day today site seeing and we did a lot of climbing. My Fitbit said I did 129 floors but his said he did 63.  We were together the entire day.  Steps and miles we were close but the floors was way off.  Any thoughts?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @TOLDonna. I am sorry for the delayed response.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your concern about the difference in the number of floors you see on your devices when you spent the day with your husband doing the same activity. 

Your devices use both an accelerometer and altimeter to track floors, and register a floor when detecting continuous motion combined with an elevation gain of about 10 feet. Because the device looks for continuous motion, pausing when you go up can cause the device to not count the floor. On the other hand, the device may give credit for extra floors for a variety of reasons. Devices may track floors while doing everyday tasks such as opening doors, driving, or riding elevators or escalators, or from abrupt weather and atmospheric pressure changes. Exposure to excess moisture can also affect floors count. 

For more information about the accuracy of the Fitbit devices, please see this help article: How accurate are Fitbit devices?

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes