Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointed, is this worth keeping?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm new to Fitbit, the versa is my first fitness tracking device and my first smartwatch, and maybe I had too high of expectations for this watch, or maybe mine isn't working properly. I got mine about a week ago, and so far I've had problems with it not connecting to my phone, apps not downloading, apps not opening properly after being downloaded, and honestly I'm disappointed in the smartwatch abilities.

I want to be able to input data right into the watch instead of inputting into my phone and then viewing it on my watch, what is the point of that? Why would I need to see my water intake on my wrist when I can only change it on My phone, same with food. I also wish there was a way to respond to text messages with a more custom message, or at least be able to access messages from the watch without having to have a notification. 

I bought this for the fitness aspect, so I'm not overly concerned about the phone abilities of it, but the inputting information aspect is a big miss for me, I don't understand why I would need a smart watch when I have to have my phone on me at all times in order for it to be effective. 

Should I have gotten the Charge instead?? I hate to spend this much money on something that seems to be lacking in so many ways. BUT I love the look of it! I'm trying to talk myself into liking it, I just don't think it is worth it... Thoughts??

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Elwinks I had the Charge and Charge 2 and just upgraded to the Versa and couldn't be happier! I love Fitbit and all the trackers I have had! The Charge 2 was a nice upgrade from the Charge and the Versa is a definite upgrade from the Charge 2! The design and style of the Versa is great and I love the comfort and softness of the band! Love the color of the rose gold/peach Versa and I jave more bands on the way! The screen and information seen for your stats for the day is nice and colorful! The watch faces are great, too! The apps and notification features are an added touch and it was super easy to download music from iTunes to my Versa! I like that I can customize quick replies to messages and the emojis are nice, too! Yes, it would be great to type more of a response, but I am just happy to have the notifications on my Versa and can use my phone to type the response.  As my children say, "This is fancy, can I wear it?" Very happy Versa owner Smiley Happy

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

I would forget the Charge @Elwinks it hasn't been produced for at least 2.5 years and doesn't monitor heart rate and doesn't have connected GPS .

As for water input, I'm not sure why one needs to record this, I know the Ionic has several apps to record water intake. so if the ionic doesn't have one yet, im sure some third party will add this. AposAdo not have to be written by fitbit. .

As for the phone problems, without knowing what phone i can't help. 

As for the smart watch features, several reviewers stated that the ionic, the versa tuna the same os, is what a smart watch should be. However these reviewers feel apple is trying to make their watch do to much. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I guess I agree on the Charge, I was thinking the Charge 2 but forgot the 2. 

There are several 3rd party apps that have water intake, the ones that allow you to do it on the watch you have to pay for, and the others you can only input it in the phone. I want to log water because I never drink enough and thought this would be a good reminder/motivator to drink more. 

The phone I have is a Google Pixel. 

Best Answer

@Elwinks I had the Charge and Charge 2 and just upgraded to the Versa and couldn't be happier! I love Fitbit and all the trackers I have had! The Charge 2 was a nice upgrade from the Charge and the Versa is a definite upgrade from the Charge 2! The design and style of the Versa is great and I love the comfort and softness of the band! Love the color of the rose gold/peach Versa and I jave more bands on the way! The screen and information seen for your stats for the day is nice and colorful! The watch faces are great, too! The apps and notification features are an added touch and it was super easy to download music from iTunes to my Versa! I like that I can customize quick replies to messages and the emojis are nice, too! Yes, it would be great to type more of a response, but I am just happy to have the notifications on my Versa and can use my phone to type the response.  As my children say, "This is fancy, can I wear it?" Very happy Versa owner Smiley Happy

Best Answer

So your saying that the developer that has spent his time to develop an app, isn't worth the <$2 for his time? 

Did you look at Water Logged by Tyler, I'm looking at the ionic version, but the description says it is also on the versa and it is free .

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't looked into the costs of what premium apps are, I'm not saying their time isn't worth it, but no, I paid $200 for a watch, I don't expect to have to pay more for benefits it is capable of. 

I have tried the water logged app and I did like it until it stopped working. That may be an issue between my phone and watch rather than the app itself, I'm not sure.

But yet another reason that I am disappointed... It has taken a day and a half for my phone to connect to my watch, and then it suddenly did, and I didn't do anything to fix it, I don't like not knowing why it only sometimes connects when I don't do anything differently.

Best Answer
0 Votes

At the request of non Fitbit developers, Fitbit has opened the Dr belong apps to non Fitbit employees. 

These are not 'premium apps, but non fitbit developed apps. 

If a third party developer chooses are not chooses to charge for their time spent in developing the app. it is their choice. Some have charged as little as $0.30

As for the water app .it needs to communicate with the fitbit server through the Fitbit app. 

Best Answer

I'm using a Google Pixel 2 XL with my Fitbit Ionic and everything works great. Until last month I used a Google Pixel and everything was great as well. However it is worthy to mention that I'm using Android P DP4 that in my opinion received a great benefit over the bluetooth compartment. Since you are one of the lucky/wise people who chose pure stock experience over customized brands, if you don't want to install a beta OS (very stable) just wait couple of months for the stable version.

I use Ionic Water by Brian Ouellette, you can input water intake from your watch, works great and totally free.

Best Answer

@Giampi71 I'm running the beta Fitbit app. and am a member of the Fitbit hardware beta group. Currently, unfortunately, not in any beta firmware testing. Fitbit invites the user to apply for tracker firmware beta testing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue Thanks for information. I was actually speaking about the BETA of Android Operative System itself that I'm currently running on my Pixel 2 XL, and not about Fibit app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That @Giampi71 can be risky when it comes to Fitbits .

Best Answer
0 Votes