Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fireworks Animations Glitch - Screen/Display/Congratulations Goal Issue

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Whenever I have a non-fitbit clock face my congrats fireworks glitch with angled coloured stripes, a green screen with the number of steps and back to angled stripes before returning to regular screen. This happens more often with third party clocks when I hit my goal, sometimes it is the proper fireworks (when I reset my goal to test) so I know its a clock face issue. I've tried around 10 fitbit clock faces and 10-15 non-fitbit ones.

Does anyone else have this issue? Not sure if this glitch warrants a return or if its a known issue that can be fixed.

hitting goal no fireworkshitting goal no fireworksstep goal showing - no fireworksstep goal showing - no fireworksback to this and still no fireworksback to this and still no fireworks

Thanks

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Support said that is considered "normal" as a type of "booting" up stage and not faulty, despite the purpose of the animation being fireworks, not diagonal coloured stripes and green screens for the whole duration of the animation. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
16 REPLIES 16

Change to a Fitbit clock face. This is not something Fitbit can fix.

Best Answer

posted in the wrong forum tried to tag someone from the moderator list I was sent but looks like they last logged in months ago (so confusing). I have reposted in the correct forum with screenshots so I dont have to continue to search for an online moderator.

Thanks for your reply @SunsetRunner 🙂

Best Answer

@Starberry Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with the goal celebration on your watch.

Please make sure that you have everything up to date. By everything, I mean, your Fitbit watch, Fitbit app, and Fitbit clock face. Try updating your mobile device too. This could be the main reason as to why it is showing that celebration.

@SunsetRunner Thanks for your help on this thread! 

Try that out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Hmmm, sometimes I get stripes, sometimes I get fireworks. I assumed it was fitbit just mixing things up a bit. 

Best Answer

I have/had the same feeling, depending on which goal (steps/calories...) I hit.

Best Answer

Hi

Yes I have the same issue no matter which clock face.

I‘ve had the Versa for 2 weeks - first week got fireworks when goal met, second week always ugly stripes that break across the screen.

I thought it was broken to be honest, doesn’t look like something intentional. It’s reminiscent of the old fashioned TV test card. Looks like a screen fault so not sure if I’ll keep mine yet.

I’ve made sure my Fitbit, iPhone app & iPhone itself are all up to date & still seeing the weird stripes.

Anyone found a fix yet or is it likely my Versa is faulty?

thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Support said that is considered "normal" as a type of "booting" up stage and not faulty, despite the purpose of the animation being fireworks, not diagonal coloured stripes and green screens for the whole duration of the animation. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine does the same thing. I reverted back to a Fitbit clock face, but no change. This is my 2nd replacement under warranty. My original device did this; the second one had fireworks instead. Sure wish I could figure it out, because I love the fireworks.

Best Answer

I don’t get the fireworks either. Reverted back to Fitbit clock face but no change. Everything seems to be up to date. Any other ideas—I love the fireworks instead of the bars.

Best Answer

My sister and I both have the same problem on our Versa Lites.  But we noticed that most often, we get the stripes when indoors and most often get the fireworks when outside.  Anyone else notice this?  What could this mean?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's not necessary from the clock face because mind does the same thing and I've not downloaded or added anything to my brand new versa 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

I get the same glitches myself. Everything I have is updated, my Versa 2 is 10 days old, and I use the built-in clock. Why is mine doing these same weird streamers across my screen?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is just my recollections, so may not be correct, but I think I always used to get stripes flashing across the screen when I reached my goal.  Then relatively recently I got some fireworks displays, which to my mind are much better, although they could go on for a bit longer. Then I got the stripe again, and now sometimes I get fireworks, mostly I get stripes.

I am assuming this is something that is cast from the app, or maybe Fitbit central, to my Versa (Versa 2), but I wish I could control it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

From: https://contact.fitbit.com [mailto:https://contact.fitbit.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2020 2:29 AM
To: anthony9946@att.net
Subject: Re: [Chat] Versa 2: Other - #37415527 [ ref:_00D40N2lj._5000b1evhr9:ref ]

Hi Anthony,

This is a follow up regarding your Versa 2's fitness goals.

For us to better assist you, may we request for a photo of your Versa 2 that there's no fireworks when you get the 10000 steps.

We look forward to your response. If you have additional questions about your Fitbit device or services, visit help.fitbit.com

Sincerely,

Mary Jane and the Fitbit Team

This is what it looks like. These came from your Help Community post. I hope you know how to fix this. It is apparent this is an issue for many.

To ask me to have a camera ready when I get to 10,000 steps is a bit much. I’m regretting my upgrade. I would hope this issue will be fixed or replaced with a better version.  Maybe you need to review all the people that have had the same issue. There is more than I care to count listing this issue.

When can I expect a resolution to this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

SantiR, I have had a string of "watch" trackers, starting with a Blaze, following with a Versa, and now a Versa 2, and my recollection is that the initial congratulatory screen was what we call sliders, the stripes sliding across the screen.  At some point we started to get fireworks, which we prefer. I say we because my wife and daughter, who have followed the same ownership path, have the same results.  And we get sliders or fireworks, seemingly at random, and with different clock faces.  We would prefer fireworks.  But this does not seem to be a clock face issue, because we have had a variety of clock faces, some by Fitbit and some by others, with the same result, sometimes fireworks, sometimes sliders. Maybe Fitbit should give us the choice, and while Fitbit is at it, maybe the fireworks could be just a little more exuberant?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the response I  received on the this topic. So Live with the new down graded version. 

Hi Anthony,

We appreciate you for getting back to us and for sending us the photo for our reference.

We'd like to share with you that's the new design of your goal celebration on your device when you hit 10, 000 steps per day.

Thank you for your understanding on this matter. If you have additional questions about your Fitbit device or services

Sincerely,

Mary Jane and the Fitbit Team

Best Answer
0 Votes