Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit Versa not autodetecting exercise

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, I'm new to FitBit and only bought my Versa yesterday. I did a crossfit workout this morning and forgot to manually start tracking in the exercise app on the Versa (my fault!) But I assumed it would autotrack after 10-15mins. After I finished I opened the phone app and it said I had 39 active minutes but no info for exercise? No stats (fat burn, calories etc) I checked in ''track exercise' on the phone app and couldn't find anything either. Am I doing something wrong? 

Please help 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If you know the exact time and duration of the exercise, you could log it in the fitbit app using log previous. Even if the exercise wasn't categorised, all the data will have still been recorded. So by logging a previous activity, it should be able to pull your HR data etc. 

Screenshot_2018-10-12-09-15-38.png

Obviously you still want to work out why it never tracked in the first place. I'm guessing it didn't detect the movements it accociates with that type of activity. Personally I don't rely on auto tracking of exercises. I prefer the extra info on the display and peace of mind that manually tracking brings. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Have you checked the following settings in the fitbit app for auto recognised exercise?

Account - scroll down to exercise - confirm auto detection time. 

Screenshot_2018-10-12-09-03-29.png

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer

Yes, when I checked they were all on Auto detect and 15mins and I've changed them to 10min wondering if the interval training has made it not recognise it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you know the exact time and duration of the exercise, you could log it in the fitbit app using log previous. Even if the exercise wasn't categorised, all the data will have still been recorded. So by logging a previous activity, it should be able to pull your HR data etc. 

Screenshot_2018-10-12-09-15-38.png

Obviously you still want to work out why it never tracked in the first place. I'm guessing it didn't detect the movements it accociates with that type of activity. Personally I don't rely on auto tracking of exercises. I prefer the extra info on the display and peace of mind that manually tracking brings. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer

No problem, I'll make sure I track it manually in future! 

As for the log previous if I log it using exact times will it use the info from my active minutes at that time to work out calories and fat burn or just create an estimate? 

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Wolfe1989 wrote:

No problem, I'll make sure I track it manually in future! 

As for the log previous if I log it using exact times will it use the info from my active minutes at that time to work out calories and fat burn or just create an estimate? 

Thanks

That's something I don't know, again using the logging previous function isn't something I personally use. Hopefully someone with a little more experience can clarify that. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer