Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit App crashing using connected GPS Versa

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

Previously when I was using a Samsung Galaxy S7 with Charge HR 2, connected GPS worked seamlessly. I sold my charge HR 2 for some other fitness device and returned back to Versa after a year. 

This time my Versa is paired to my Samsung Galaxy s8 running on Android Oreo. When I tried running outside, my gps location will be tracked for the first few secs/minutes. After that it will never track for the entire exercise. I tried troubleshooting, wondering if it was the watch that has the problem or my phone. I have cleared the fitbit app cache, reinstalled the application, activating all permission for the application, excluding it from any battery saver monitoring and even factory reset my Versa, but the problem still exist.

Finally I found out that once GPS connected is activated, the Fitbit app will crash shortly after (I have sent the logs to google), rendering the connected-gps function to be useless. Please report this to the developers for patching. I run a lot outdoors and I bought the watch due to the good impression I had with Charge HR 2. Hopefully Fitbit will not disappoint me. Thank you. 

Best Answer
35 REPLIES 35

I got the update as well. Will be testing it out tonight. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you know you've got updated app?

I do see different ported for water consumption, but I did not got any upgrade notifications.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please keep us informed if Note 8 works now.  I have a Note 8 and it worked wonderfully with my charge 2 now with Versa it won't record any of my walks or sees it as an elliptical exercise

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just did a run. All working well!

Best Answer
That's great!  Hope it works for me too!

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

Hi,

Having read this thread am I correct in thinking it's all down to a Fitbit update? I have an Android phone and have just completed a 6.4 mile outdoor run but only clocked just over 4 miles after the GPS kept crashing.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a couple running sessions with the versa including one this afternoon and noticed the unreliability both times. I landed in this thread after google search and followed the suggestions to update the fitbit app and went for another run immediately after.I can confirm that the update did fix the issue, the watch was connected to the mobile app throughout the entire session and the mapping was very accurate.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah quite happy that this is now resolved. Did 8K out on my mountain bike and stayed connected the whole time. 

Best Answer

Well once again my 3 mile walk that was tracking on the fitbit app as 3 miles synced as an elliptical and no GPS recorded

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone -- As the majority of you in here are Samsung S8/Android 8.0 users, I recommend confirming that your Android app is updated to our latest release as this seems to have helped other community members like @Earthtk@LProspero@Skerr406. Thanks for the update you all shared.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well I have the latest version of Fitbit and once again went on a 5 mile walk as confirmed by the fitbit app  with GPS but lines were all over roads .  When I went to sync there was no maps of my walk .  My walk actually got broken up into two separate walks!  Please fix this!!! I never had this problem with my Charge 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The update certainly hasn't helped me at all, my GPS shuts down after 1 or 2 miles, every single time. I have a Note 8 and the latest version of Android. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have the note8 and the upgrade did it for me for most of the time. But the fact that i have to check every few minutes to make sure killed the experience. I switched to garmin.

Best Answer
0 Votes
You need to contact customer support. I have returned my Versa and waiting for a new one because mine stopped vibrating too!  On hoping this new one will work properly and not crash the fitbit app when I turn on GpS

Best Answer
0 Votes

Connected GPS sits in "Connecting..." forever on my new Versa.

Android 8.1.0

FitBit App 2.77

Versa firmware 32.32.10.15

Same phone, same app works seamlessly and perfectly on my Charge 2.

Please provide fix ETA/progress.

At least acknowledge a bug. Please.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ditto.. this problem was solved and I have used it perfectly for the last few months.. now the problem is back.

Best Answer
0 Votes