Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa Calorie Count Accuracy

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently purchased a fitbit versa, I love the looks, feels and features but I am concerned that the calorie burn counter is very inaccurate. I wore the watch for a couple of hours and tested it out for a light workout, it's saying that I burned 1500 calories in less than 30 mins. already. It's really impossible that I could burn calories that quickly. I barely walked too. My heart rate count was way too high as well, which is saying that i'm fat burning. I am just wondering if there is wrong with the calorie burned counter. My information like height and weight was inputed right so I don't know what's going on. I will be devasted to actually return the watch because I really do love it and will be willing to wait for any updates that would fix the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

The calorie count the Versa shows is cumulative.  So it’s estimating all the calories your body has burned in the current day (since midnight).  So depending on the time of day you first used it and depending on your base metabolism rate, it’s entirely possible you had burned about 1500 calories up to that point.  That said, there still could be a problem with it.  You can try a factory reset to see if that helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes