Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa completely dead

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello there.

My Fitbit Versa is completely dead. I'm totally frustated. I bought my watch two months ago on USA, now I'm in Brazil. I tried a reset with two buttons, three buttons, it doesn't charge, I tried everything that I could and nothing happens. Last time I saw it working, it showed me a red triangle with an exclamation point, then suddenly I got a blank screen and it's gone. I tried to contact support but they told me Fitbit doesn't have a direct way of commerce with Brazil, so they are unable to send a replacement or help me to resolve this problem. Can someone help me with that? Is there another way to bring my watch back to life?

Thank you very much.

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

Have you tried a Factory reset using the buttons? Worth a try Id say.

FACTORY RESET USING BUTTONS
On the watch, hold all three buttons for about twelve seconds. This triggers the 2-button hardware reboot after about eight seconds.
- When the Fitbit logo appears, then disappears, release the bottom right button, then continue holding the left and top right buttons until you feel a strong vibration. This indicates the factory reset was initiated.
- This process may take several seconds, and eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays go to Fitbit.com/setup.
- If you fail to release the bottom right button in time, or otherwise don't follow the procedure precisely, the Fitbit logo reappears quickly and boots without factory reset.

If the device turns on, please go back to the Fitbit app and setup your device back to your account with these steps. Make sure your watch is plugged into a wall plug or a computer, next to the router and that there are no other trackers or devices with Bluetooth on nearby when setting up.  Please log into your account, go to account on the upper right corner, there look for "setup a device" and tap on it. Follow the instructions on the screen and let the watch charge for 2 hours.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I am having exactly the same issue. It started off with my screen generally not displaying occasionally over the last few weeks... then not getting notifications from my phone.. and now completely dead. Wont charge. Have tried doing all the hold down button reset things and nothing. Still completely black screen. It's only 3months old. So frustrating. I've emailed the support team. If they give me anything to try that works I'll let you know!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the answer!

I already tried the factory reset, but unfortunately it doesn't work. The watch won't turn on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks! 

Please let me know if they answer you. It must be a solution for this. It's really frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Contact support and get it replaced.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked thanks... not sure why it went dead but it is most annoying on a new watch that I have with the same issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Two Versa’s in 3 months. The first one lasted 2 weeks 😞 Both have totally died and won’t reset no matter what I do. And customer service directs you to video yourself doing the fixes, and wait for like 3 weeks for a replacement.  This is the WORST service ever. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Less than two weeks old ... tried the 3 button reset ..nothing, just a triangle and exclamation mark. Rubbish device rubbish brand. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi my fitbit versa is completely dead not charging done all reset it's just dead

Best Answer
0 Votes

There was nothing that could be done when I contacted them. They just sent me a brand new versa watch face based on what I told them.. So I assume it's happened a lot.. They didn't even want the other one back. Basically told me to just chuck it out! I don't use it anymore so can't comment on whether I've had any further issues

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have same problem. Versa completely dead. have tried all suggestions. How do I get help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted fitbit support services directly.. They just asked for proof of purchase and then mailed out a brand new replacement face. They didn't even need me to return the old dead one despite me offering in case they wanted to try and investigate further. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. I’ll try that. But I cannot seem to find how to contact them directly! Could you point me in the right direction.

Joanne Matson

Sent from my iPhone
501-350-6060
Best Answer
0 Votes

https://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

You'll just need to scroll to the bottom of the page and ensure the country selected is correct to make sure the right contacts come up (click on the drop down menu to change it if required) 

Best Answer
0 Votes