Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not syncing for days

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Opened my app today to sync and look at my stats and discovered that my Fitbit has not been syncing for four days. I’ve already reset the Fitbit itself 3 times, disconnected the Bluetooth and reconnected it, restarted my phone and deleted the app and redownloaded it. Still not syncing. 

Any other ideas? 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Kait5991 Phone model and OS? For now, try this:

1. Unpair (remove) Versa from your phone's bluetooth settings
  2. Uninstall the Fitbit mobile app
  3. Reboot your phone and install Fitbit mobile app. Do not pair in your phone's bluetooth settings
  4. Reboot your Versa by pressing and holding the left and bottom right buttons until Fitbit logo flashes
  5. Login to Fitbit mobile app
  6. Grant all permissions and sync.

The trick here is to not pair in phone Bluetooth settings but rather let the Fitbit mobile app do that. 

Additional tips if sync issues persist: If you have Wifi set up, go to Fitbit mobile app and remove it, then sync your Versa. I noticed that it causes issues for me. If you have other Bluetooth devices paired with your phone, forget them. One of them might be causing issues. Also, make sure Always Connected (on Android) and All day sync are enabled.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

@Kait5991 Phone model and OS? For now, try this:

1. Unpair (remove) Versa from your phone's bluetooth settings
  2. Uninstall the Fitbit mobile app
  3. Reboot your phone and install Fitbit mobile app. Do not pair in your phone's bluetooth settings
  4. Reboot your Versa by pressing and holding the left and bottom right buttons until Fitbit logo flashes
  5. Login to Fitbit mobile app
  6. Grant all permissions and sync.

The trick here is to not pair in phone Bluetooth settings but rather let the Fitbit mobile app do that. 

Additional tips if sync issues persist: If you have Wifi set up, go to Fitbit mobile app and remove it, then sync your Versa. I noticed that it causes issues for me. If you have other Bluetooth devices paired with your phone, forget them. One of them might be causing issues. Also, make sure Always Connected (on Android) and All day sync are enabled.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

iPhone XS Max ios 12.1.4

Well something seems to have helped, now i have heart rate on the app for part of today, but no heart rate for the past couple of days or sleep even though when i looked at the Fitbit on my wrist it was tracking... weird but guess it’s gone? 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kait5991 Is it missing from your Dashboard on Fitbit.com as well? Perhaps it was a hiccup during the sync?

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

Unfortunately it is, very weird

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kait5991 My best guess would be it got messed up during sync. It may happen if the device hasn't been synced for a while. Also, fitbit will store detailed stats only for the last 7 days, I believe.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

You mentioned this: Additional tips if sync issues persist: If you have Wifi set up, go to Fitbit mobile app and remove it.  I can't find ANY place on the Fitbit app to remove wifi.  Mine hasn't synced for 4 days now.

I have latest Fitbit app.  I also have a phone that syncs with my Versa.  Its the Hauwei Honor 6X.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@UpsetWalker Which Versa do you have? Wifi is available only on Versa 1 and 2, not on Lite...

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

Versa One I believe.  Versa 2 is the new one?  If that's the case then mine is a versa 1, bought it in April.

Best Answer
0 Votes