Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa setup extremely long (Android)?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I gave my sister a Fitbit Versa and trying to set it up for her has been a real challenge. I started charging it around 7-8pm and it's now 10:42pm and nowhere near full updating. I was wondering if it took everyone extremlex long to initially setup? 

An article I found on Reddit said it took ~ 24 hours, just wondering if that's true

Thank you so much for your help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@martinezz were you able to connect wifi in your Fitbit mobile app? Did you put versa in a charging dock near your router (along with your phone?). You need strong wifi connection. If you're updating over bluetooth it may take hours. 

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

i think it has problem...last time i set up it about 20-30 minutes

today, my versa dont read HR, i set up again and now it hasn't finished ( over 1 hours)

Best Answer
0 Votes

@martinezz were you able to connect wifi in your Fitbit mobile app? Did you put versa in a charging dock near your router (along with your phone?). You need strong wifi connection. If you're updating over bluetooth it may take hours. 

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks marrmaduke. I did have strong WiFi and my phone nearby and both charging. After posting this, I received an update failed message .I tried again finally at work and nothing. But I forced my Fitbit app to stop running and finally was able to view a screen on the Fitbit. Then I was able to download the update within minutes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@martinezz That's the proper course of action. 🙂 I am glad it's working now! 😄

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes