Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR Monitor Used?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey all. I've been a fitbit user since 2011 or so (when I got the Ultra). Sadly, it was destroyed by a roller coaster a few years ago. Since then, I've used the flex (original), Charge HR and Charge HR2.  I am currently using none of them (lost the flex somewhere in the house), Charge 2 had to be returned and Charge HR is now giving me issues. 

Issues:  

I purchased the Charge 2 and received it on Halloween 2016 (I believe, whichever year it came out). It worked great and I loved it. About 6 months into having it, I started getting the dreaded rash where the HR monitor is and was told by CS that it was an allergic reaction and to return it for a refund. This never really made sense to me, mainly because I'm not allergic to anything but also because if it was something like that, wouldn't it start giving me issues right away instead of 6 months later? 

I went back to the original flex. Used it until I got a Samsung Fit 2 band (even then, I'd use the flex sometimes) but after using a few with screens, realized that I wanted a display. So, I went looking for a Charge HR. I was kindly gifted one in March of this year. 

I've been using it happily, until a few weeks ago. I am now having a reaction to the band itself. So, I started only wearing it once or twice a week. I am back to using the Samsung though. 

I've been manually inputting my steps/miles when I remember to do so on here and miss my Fitbit Friends and Family. So, I'd like to get back to using a FB, and the Versa seems like the best option (as I don't want anything too bulky and prefer a screen and HR).

Sorry for the long post but my question is, does the Versa use the HR monitor in the Charge HR 2 or the one in the HR? I don't have an issue with the Charge HR, the mark is on the side of my wrist (no where near the HR monitor). Or does it use a completely different one?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

The Versa does have an HR monitor. But unlike the other units, tgeretis only one light. 

I'm not sure what the question is that you want anssered? 

Best Answer

Thanks, Rich. I think you answered it. By saying it only has one light, I take it as a whole new monitor (and not the one that either of the previous versions uses). 

Best Answer
0 Votes