Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart Rate not accurate

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently started wearing a chest HR monitor while cycling and I am seeing large disparities between it and my Versa. During a 20 min ride, where my HR will be between 130 and 160, my Versa shows it hovering around 90 to 110 with a short spike to 118. I am finding this regularly. I have tried snuggling up the Versa and I have tried moving it up and down on the arm. 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Apparently it wasn’t tight enough. In order to record higher readings it has to be very tight. I usually keep it snug so it doesn’t move even when vigorously exercising, but it appears one notch tighter fixes the readings. Just loosen it when done as it wouldn’t be good to leave it that tight too long. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@Keith1975 You can try toggling heart rate monitor on your Versa ON/OFF with the reboot of the tracker in-between. To access HR setting on your Versa, open Settings app on your tracker, scroll down to heartrate and toggle. Also, reboot Versa several times by pressing and holding the left and bottom right buttons until Fitbit logo flashes. The issue might be also caused by wrist position and movement while cycling. Do you see such big discrepancies while performing other type of exercises as well?

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer

Cycling is the only time I have a chest strap on to compare to. It came with my Peloton bike  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Keith1975 ahhh I see... Hmmm you can always do a manual pulse checkup with your hands. Not a strap but pretty informative for comparison purposes.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

Apparently it wasn’t tight enough. In order to record higher readings it has to be very tight. I usually keep it snug so it doesn’t move even when vigorously exercising, but it appears one notch tighter fixes the readings. Just loosen it when done as it wouldn’t be good to leave it that tight too long. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Keith1975 I'm glad it's working!!! That's what I do too. I jump one notch and shift the tracker higher on my arm. 😊😊😊

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer