Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do Versa measures swimming on an Endless Pool?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Tracking swims has been hit and miss which I mostly expected with the versa. Lately, I have been swimming in an endless pool for consistent lengths of time. I stopped turning on the swim tracking because I knew it would never be able to lap.

I realized, when I finished a swim, my Versa had automatically logged it with a pace, distance, and time. How is the Versa measuring this? I am trying to get a sense for how accurate it is since I am training to hit a specific distance in a certain time.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @cmd135, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your questions with us. Please note that even if you're swimming in an endless pool, your Versa will track your swimming and will use the information already set in the app to track your pace, distance and time. Your device tries to identify lengths each time you swim, so you may still see an estimated number of lengths after your exercise. 

To check the settings of your swimming exercises, please go to the Fitbit app and tap on Account > Exercise > Swimming. If Auto-recognize is enabled, your Versa will estimate the information described earlier. 

I hope this resolves your inquiry, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you have more information than that? It doesn't give me any lengths which I am fine with. Just trying to see how accurate it is when it estimates the distance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @cmd135, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have come back to us. Please note that as you're not swimming in a pool, your Versa will only provide estimated number of lengths after your exercise. However, for lengths to show up, go to the Exercise app and scroll until you find Swim, tap on the gear icon here and adjust the "Pool Length" for your desired length in meters or yards. Then go back to the Swim Settings and tap on "Show Laps" to Automatically. 

After that, tap on "Automatic Lap Settings" and adjust "Lap Type" to lengths. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let us know the outcome. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

This does not help me. I did a little experiment in my endless pool. I swam exactly 20 strokes...I stopped...it said 25yds.  I swam exactly 40 strokes....i stopped. It said 25yds. I then swam 50 strokes...I stopped...it said 25yds. So i dont know what it is reading but in an endless pool it will not read accurately

Best Answer
0 Votes