Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you get the most out of your Versa?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

What are your tips and tricks for making the most of your Fitbit Versa? Share them here so new and old users alike can learn new things about Versa's features and functions!

Here are a couple of ours, to get started:

1. You can rearrange the order of apps on your Versa to see your favorite ones sooner! To do this on your watch, swipe left until you see the app you want to move. Press and hold the app until it increases slightly in size/buzzes. Drag the app to a new location. Voila! Choose your perfect order.
  2. Calibrate your settings for maximum accuracy including stride length and even swimming pool lengths!
  3. This awesome third party app called 'Full Batteryallows you to get Fitbit battery insights on your wrist and get an email notification when your device is 50%, 75% or fully charged. It also records your charging data so you know when to start or stop charging your Fitbit Versa.

How do you make sure you're getting the most out of your Fitbit?

Quick links to Fitbit Versa manual and Versa 2 manual.

Best Answer
53 REPLIES 53

I just tested it myself, that's pretty cool. Not too useful really but cool nonetheless

Best Answer

Make sure you're charging your Versa correctly!! I was just told: We find that some of our customers charge the device incorrectly or charging it for too long which affects the battery life of the device.We recommend our customers is to charge it for only 1-2 hours. - keep in mind that the watch/charger do not have a light or anything indicating when it's charging / done charging. 

Best Answer

Thanks for adding to this conversation, @katdiaz2011 - I charge my Versa while showering and doing my hair. While the charge does not have a light to indicate it is fully charged, I’ve found I can double tap the Versa screen to see what percentage it is charged and remove it from the charger when it is close to 100%. 

Best Answer

apps, i like it because i can be on top of things like news, and play games like flappy bird.

Best Answer

I attach my Versa 2 to my shoe so I can get steps instead of laps for bike riding. 

Best Answer

I have a spin bike and I attach my versa to my shoe to get steps.

Best Answer

@Alexmartins ... Your tips & tricks are excellent on the Versa & Versa Lite.  Do you have any tips on the Versa 2 ... or is there another thread where I can get some help.  Perhaps I can tell you my problem and you can help.

I just purchased the Versa 2.  I currently have the Alta HR and I do love it, but what I liked about the Versa 2, besides it being a watch ... was that it has Alexa.  Well, after I got my Versa 2 connected to my Fitbit app ... I tapped the little Alexa button and asked her a question, just about the weather, and she typed the answer. Great!   But when I asked one of the suggested questions they give ... eg. what's on my Calendar for tomorrow ... I got a prompt telling me to download the Alexa App, which I did.  Then, on the Alexa App, you must find your device to connect.  Well ... there was no Fitbit device to be found ... no Versa 2.   So I sent Amazon an email ... and their reply was ... Amazon doesn't support Alexa in Canada at this time.  Below, I am attaching their response.

" I am sorry you had problems in order to link your Fitbit Versa to the Alexa app.

This situation happen because this options for Canada is not available yet. I will escalate your concern to the developers in charge of this, so they will know about your concern and will work on it.

We are already working on this because we already receive several customers that wants to use this feature, so you can be sure we are really interested in offer this to our customers.

Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts. Your comments and suggestions will help us improve our store and offer better service to our customers."

And now @Alexmartins ... when I go on my Versa 2, I can't even find the Alexa button.  It seems to have vanished.  Do you know how I can get it back ... even if it's just to ask her simple questions like the weather ... or set an alarm.  She was able to do that before, even if I wasn't connected to the Alexa App.  But now, for some reason, I cannot find the Alexa button on my Versa 2.   HELP.

Can you help me @Alexmartins ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Alexmartins ... just an FYI.  On my Versa 2, I went into Settings (scrolled down to ... Left Button - to set a shortcut)  and actually found my Alexa button.  I had to click on it ... and now it's back.  So I'm OK with that.

However, my original problem is still there ... not able to link the Versa 2 on the actual Alexa App, since the Versa 2 is not one of the device options.  Amazon said it's not supported in Canada.  That is so not right.  Others have said they were able to get around that ... but I don't know how.  If you can help at all, or if anyone has any suggestions ... I'm all ears.  TIA

Best Answer
0 Votes

One more FYI for you @Alexmartins .  Now that I have the Alexa button back on my Versa 2, I can ask her questions ...eg weather, setting a timer, distance travelled, etc ....  The only thing she can't seem to do for me is check my calendar.  For that she is asking me to connect to the Alexa App ... and that is the only problem I'm encountering.  It's just that the App doesn't have the Versa 2 as a device option to connect to ... not in Canada, anyway.  So ... I just wanted to explain a little more clearly ... that Alexa is functioning on my Versa 2 ... only it can't be connected to the Alexa App.  Amazon said they're working on it ... so hopefully, they will get it done soon. 

Best Answer

How do you even get it to turn on after the update?!

Best Answer
If you call Fitbit they will assist you with this and it doesn’t take long

Have a gr8 & Inspirational day
Best Answer

I get a nice Bike Ride summary.  Map of the ride.  Mile markers.  

Problem is that I only get that SOMETIMES

Here is my process that only occasionally works.

1.  I navigate on my charge 3 to Exercise

2.  After I select Exercise, I scroll to and select Bike

3.  I press start.  Then start again when asked.  Then start again to actually start the bike ride

4.  I complete ride and hope the Charge 3 successfully synchs to my app and then to the Web Dashboard.  Sometimes it works.  Sometimes it doesn't.  

Is there a better and/or more reliable way to do this?  Maybe directly on the Mobile app?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit trackers are a great way to constantly remind yourself to be more active, and help you start leading a healthier life, they aren't without fault, though. They require you to hold yourself accountable, and dedicate yourself to the hard work needed to shave off some pounds, or switch up your diet.

To make things easier, here are a few tips i learned on my own using this app, i hope it helps you get the most out of your Fitbit tracker.

1 Setup mobiletrack in case you forget your Fitbit.

2 Turn off All-Day Sync.

3 Challenge friends with different trackers.

4 Change up the Dashboard.

5 Customize the Fitbit's display.

6 Find a misplaced tracker, i will explain further on how you do this, if you've somehow misplaced your tracker, there is an easy way to locate it, it just requires you, to be within the range of the tracker. First, open the Fitbit app, and attempt to sync with the device. If the sync works, it means you're at least in the vicinity of the tracker, and if not, you can check your log, and see when the last time the device synced, from that, you can try to deduce where you were, and where you've been since then, or to narrow down where the tracker might be, you can download a Bluetooth LE explorer app, like LightBlue Explorer on iOS, or Bluetooth Finder on Android, or some apps specifically made for finding a lost Fitbit, are Finder for Fitbit on iOS, or Bit-Finder Geo on Android, these apps search for Bluetooth signals, and will display the signal of all the nearby Bluetooth devices, the lower the number, the stronger the signal is, and the closer you are to the device.

7 Link with IFTTT for awesome automation.

8 Connect third-party apps.

9 Clean your Fitbit.

10 Set your stride length.

Best Answer

Fitbit trackers are a great way to constantly remind yourself to be more active, and help you start leading a healthier life, they aren't without fault, though. They require you to hold yourself accountable, and dedicate yourself to the hard work needed to shave off some pounds, or switch up your diet.

To make things easier, here are a few tips i learn using my fitbit tracker, i believe it will help you get the most out of your Fitbit tracker.

1 Setup mobiletrack in case you forget your fitbit.

2 Turn off All-Day Sync.

3 Challenge friends with different trackers.

4 Change up the Dashboard.

5 Customize the Fitbit's display.

6 Find a misplaced tracker, i will explain further on how you do this, if you've somehow misplaced your tracker, there is an easy way to locate it, it just requires you, to be within the range of the tracker. First, open the Fitbit app, and attempt to sync with the device. If the sync works, it means you're at least in the vicinity of the tracker, and if not, you can check your log, and see when the last time the device synced, from that, you can try to deduce where you were, and where you've been since then, or to narrow down where the tracker might be, you can download a Bluetooth LE explorer app, like LightBlue Explorer on iOS, or Bluetooth Finder on Android, or some apps specifically made for finding a lost Fitbit, are Finder for Fitbit on iOS, or Bit-Finder Geo on Android, these apps search for Bluetooth signals, and will display the signal of all the nearby Bluetooth devices, the lower the number, the stronger the signal is, and the closer you are to the device.

7 Link with IFTTT for awesome automation.

8 Connect third-party apps.

9 Clean your Fitbit.

10 Set your stride length.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Once you've got to grips with the Versa and how it works on the inside, you may want to customise how it looks on the outside - after all, you probably don't want to sport that standard rubber band for every occasion.
Best Answer

Tip: this one threw me because when they say "the app" in documentation and instructions it's not always clear whether they mean a phone app, an app in the fitbit app, or the app on your watch.  So to get all of the Alexa features, install the Alexa app on your phone. Go through that setup, leave it running in the background, and Alexa runs on your watch.

Tip 2: if you're not getting text notifications, or other things you think are sync issues, save some time by taking these steps first.  I did a factory reset on my phone, with a clean application install on my PC, in the first few days and it was time consuming and unnecessary (but sure-fire to work).

First try clearing the cache on your phone for the fitbit app, shut the phone down and the watch down, then start them up.  If that doesn't work, uninstall/install fitbit on the phone (go through setups). Only after those steps go through the recommended procedures, if you still need to.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately very few if any major banks work with FitPay in the UK do I can't claim much yet

Best Answer

I just got a new Versa2 because my previous Versa batter was failing after less than 2 years.  I've only had my new one for 2 days; it drained pretty quickly the first day, but today seems better.  However, All Day Sync keeps turning on after I turn it off - this was also happening with my previous one.  I chatted with support and they are having me do the usual battery testing and didn't have an answer for the All Day sync question.  I applied the new firmware update this morning, hoping that may help.  Thanks. 

Best Answer

Update. My new Versa2 has been working great.  The battery is holding the charge well and I can go longer without charging.  I did turn off the calendar notifications because since I’m working from and was getting many more notifications.  All Day Sync still turns on, but I’ve gotten used to turning it off.  I’m tracking walks and linking with GPS.  So far so good with the new Versa — hoping the battery lasts longer than my previously one.  

Best Answer