Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does my Versa estimates my calories?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey dear,

I want an explanation about the tracking of calories and how its calculated. For example: in the Fitbit app dashboard the tracking of calories you have burned per day is in k (1,000 - 2,000) and the number of calories you burned in your daily activity such as biking, treadmill or anything else its tracking like (100 - 200) even in the nutrition facts it's the same. So how to really calculate how much in\out calories I did in every day.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

A warm welcome to the Community @coach_Baydoon.

Regarding your inquiry, calorie burn is based on two factors: your basal metabolic rate (or BMR) and activity tracked by your device. For more information about this, take a look at the help article How does Fitbit estimate how many calories I've burned?.

Catch you later. Smiley Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear Alejandrafitbit 

First of all, i am very happy for replying on my post and topic, but the solution that you answered isn't helpful for me because i have already see all the articles about that and I didn't find any help because my study isn't about how fitbit estimate my calories.

The case that i search about it is as following :

the normal calories burned that fitbit track it on the day is ( 3,500 cals ) , treadmill ( 250 cals ) and my workouts as weights ( 350 cals ), if i want to sum all the fat burned out : 250 + 350 + 350 ( 3,500 converted ) = 950 cals burned is that right ?! ?! 

Note: the daily fat burned that the fitbit track it isn't in the same unit of the calories tracked on the addition activities such as ( biking, swimming ... ) 

Best Answer
0 Votes