Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable Outlook notifications?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, 

I want to receive Outlook notifications on my versa but I can’t find outlook as one of the apps for Versa. I have an iPhone. I have looked through the other posts about outlook but none of them seem to have an answer for me. Thanks in advance for all the help!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

I don't think there is an outlook app, and you should not need it to receive notifications. Make sure your phone is set to give you outlook notifications (the Versa just replays the notifications from the phone). The go into your fitbit dashboard on your phone, click the index card icon in the upper right corner, click on Versa, scroll down to notification and click on that, click on app notification, and then turn on Outlook (or mail, if you are receiving your outlook mail through the native mail app). If the application does not appear in this list, wait until your phone receives a notification from that app and then check back.

Best Answer

I was having the same problem.  I followed your instructions and now I get my outlook notifications on my fitbit.  Thank you.

Best Answer

@Siriuslupin54 Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I would like to follow up and would like to know if the information that shared @Bgailr312 was helpful and you are getting Outlook notifications.

@lobrooks Thank you for joining this thread and our Fitbit Community! I'm glad to hear that the excellent explanation that provided @Bgailr312 also helped you to get the notifications you wanted. Thank you for posting the update here.

Don't hesitate to get back if you guys have any doubts! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you please look into this?

There IS an outlook Android App. I have to use it because my work email will not let anything outside the Outlook ecosystem see the name of my meetings.

The Outlook app uses its own notifications, and I cannot find a setting that makes it go through the default phone notifications.  When they go off on my phone, my Ionic watch gets no notification.

Best Answer

Hi, see this article how to setup your oulook email on an iPhone:. If you succeed in installing and setting it up, then go to the notifications in your Fitbit app, choose email and Outlook should be in the list of choices you can make to be notified of it on your Versa. Good luck!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am on Android...under email the only choices that show up are the Android phone's calendar and the Gmail calendar app.  Outlook doesn't have a calendar-only app that i'm aware of.

Best Answer

Hi, I have Outlook installed on my Android device and enabled it in my notifications as standard email app. Everytime I receive an email, my Versa warns me about it, so it's possible. However, it's highly dependent on the setup on your eamil account within Outlook. This took me a while before I succeeded. Regarding Calendar notifications, I use Business Calendar for that, instead of Outlook. 

Best Answer

Deleted, double post as result of an error message during posting.

Best Answer
0 Votes
An I see. Only difficulty with that is, if your work has Outlook
configured to keep meetings private when exported.
Best Answer
0 Votes

That can unfortunately not be solved AFAIK. These are the settings your work has choosen to keep things private. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is also a caveat that your Android notifications can not be on silent - if they are on silent, no notification will be passed to Versa 2 

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is definitely an outlook and teams app, yammer etc and I have had this working previously but in my add apps they don’t appear in the list with BBC News, Yammer etc. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue even tho outlook and teams apps are on my phone and my phone receives notifications, my garmin receives the notifications also but Fitbit stopped a while ago. Reckon it could be a bug?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't see an "Index Card Icon"  I have like a folder inbox looking icon and when I click on that, I have two tabs, messages and notifications. Neither have info in them.  I got a new phone and am having a hard time setting up my notifications. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am on iPhone here (iOS 16.3). I do have the Outlook app and it does show up in my Fitbit app > Settings > Versa 2 > Notifications as an app which I can apply notifications to.

(I'm here because I had that turned off and didn't realize it)

Best Answer
0 Votes