Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to receive Notifications from multiple apps?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there any work being done to allow messages to be received from more than one app? I use multiple apps to receive messages and emails, but i can only chose one to receive notifications on. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hello @khanes110, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. You can definitely receive Notification from more than just one app on your Versa. To set up the notifications you want to receive on your wrist. Make sure your charged Fitbit device is nearby, then follow these steps:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap Account > Versa
  2. Tap Notifications. If you're prompted to pair your Fitbit device, follow the on-screen instructions.  
  3. Tap App Notifications and make your choices. If an installed app is missing from the list, sync your device and then check again. 
  4. Sync your device.

Please note that after setting up Notifications in the Fitbit app, your phone will need to receive a push notifications from a determined app for it to appear under App Notifications

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Do they have to be apps compatible with Fitbit (available on the Versa) or can it be a notification from any app on my phone.  For example, I’m a physician and we use a secure messaging app (Spok) for the hospital instead of pagers. I would love to be able to see those notifications on the versa. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm trying to receive notifications from Google Hangouts because my work uses that as our constant communication.....but it isn't showing up in the application list. I've done multiple syncs as well. Any suggestions on how to get that application added?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @chill0580, thanks for joining the conversation, it's always great to welcome new members to the Fitbit Community. 🙂

Please note that in order for an app to show in the list of "App Notifications" your phone should receive a push notification from said app while it's locked. After receiving a push Notification from Google Hangouts, please go to the Fitbit app and tap on Account > Versa > Notifications  > App Notifications and the app will show up here. 

In case it doesn't, pull down the app to refresh the list and if the app is still not showing, force-quit the app and open it again. 

Give these steps a try and in case you need anything else, please let us know. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello! Did you ever receive an answer to your question? I'm considering buying a Fitbit for a relative and curious if notifications are limited to Fitbit compatible apps, or if notifications can be received for any apps that the phone receives push notifications. Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do we arrange that initial “push” message?  And can it be for email notifications?  I don’t see that on the list. Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think I went through this process and I texted from a different phone to my phone via messaging app and whatsapp, and I only received notification from the app that I selected during my setup. This is very annoying if I have to switch around to receive notifications from different messages app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply.

I now have a Fitbit Sense.

I also would liken to receive my Spok notifications on it, but it does not work.  SPOK does receive push notifications and does show in my Applications list in my Fitbit app ony phone. I have selected it to receive notifications, but it does not work.

Please advise.

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes