Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to add a Versa I to the same cellphone where my Versa 2 LT exists. Can I do this?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a fit bit Versa 2 Lite already setup on my cellphone. I have been looking for a way to also add my Versa I to that same cellphone although under a different email. I would thus have two different fit-bit accounts on the same cellphone. I have been searching for a way to do this. Some places say this is possible but when I investigate they say it isn't possible. Is it possible and if so how?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Hulk701 - as @JohnnyRow says you can't have 2 smart watches at the same time. There are 2 choices:

Have two accounts with one watch on each. Logout of one account and login to the other and sync to record the data. This works well but doesn't amalgamate the data across the 2 accounts. But you can use 2 phones or even use a pc if that is still working for one account - you can't start using a pc though..

Or have one account and possibly remove the first watch and setup the second watch, to switch watches. This can take longer and can be risky if something goes wrong, but merges the data on the one account.

Given the quick charging it seems wasteful to do this in order to have continuous measurements. There can be other reasons though.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Each device needs its own Fitbit account/email.  You would need to keep logging out of one Fitbit account, then log back on to the other account.  I've never done it, but it is certainly doable, though I would expect would get to be a nuisance, and would have to keep track of which account you were in and not get passwords confused.

And if both devices are for your own use, keep in mind the results will not get combined.  I have generally heard of this use for 2 people, one of whom does not have a smart watch.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Hi @Hulk701 - as @JohnnyRow says you can't have 2 smart watches at the same time. There are 2 choices:

Have two accounts with one watch on each. Logout of one account and login to the other and sync to record the data. This works well but doesn't amalgamate the data across the 2 accounts. But you can use 2 phones or even use a pc if that is still working for one account - you can't start using a pc though..

Or have one account and possibly remove the first watch and setup the second watch, to switch watches. This can take longer and can be risky if something goes wrong, but merges the data on the one account.

Given the quick charging it seems wasteful to do this in order to have continuous measurements. There can be other reasons though.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Thanks very much

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the answer.

Best Answer