Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Versa 2 battery replaceable or interchangeable?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been told that the battery on Versa and Versa 2 cannot be replaced.  Recently on YouTube.com, there were a series of demonstrations showing how to remove and to replace the battery.  The company that did the demo sells the battery for about $15 and also will install it for a fee.  I was wondering if anyone has replaced their battery and how effective it has been.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
120 REPLIES 120

I couldn’t bring myself to give Fitbit any more of my money. I ended up getting a Garmin Venu, which was the other watch I was considering back in 2019. There are lots of ways to customize it and that takes a little getting used to, but overall I’ve been pleased. The battery life is good even when the gps is used to track short walks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good tip. Tnx

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa 2 bought in 2019 also just started dying after about 6 hours of use. Could be because another new watch coming out and want us to upgrade. 

Best Answer

I have the exact same problem. Purchased my versa 2 in May 2020. The last couple of weeks the battery has been draining faster and faster. I charged it yesterday morning, the colours on the screen were all faded and the battery was dead less than 12 hours later. Really disappointed that this has happened after less than 18 months. From reading this thread it seems to be a common problem. 

Best Answer

Do you have the info for the company that would replace the battery. I would like to get that done on my old versa that can’t be used anymore because of the dead battery and is no longer under warranty.

Best Answer

Add me to the list. Bought my Versa 2 earlier this year as my Fitbit Charge3 had a screen malfunction. Had the usual offer of a % off a new one but declined to spend that sort of dosh on another one that would go belly up! Bought my Versa second hand so expected some issues, but it has been working perfectly until this week when I’ve noticed a distinct lack of battery life. Synced last night at 87%. Barely even looked at it today until half an hour ago. Thought it was broken as nothing happened when I tried to see the time. Turns out the battery is completely dead, and seems to have been all day - only 80 steps recorded despite doing weekly shop in 2 supermarkets. 

Think I’m done with Fitbit!

Best Answer
Same here, I'm done with them. Taking my business elsewhere.
Best Answer

+1. Mine died and it was few months past the warranty.  They offered me 35% discount for a new device but I had to use it in no more than 30 days.  I enjoyed the watch while it lasted and I miss the app, but I got a Samsung galaxy and I couldn't be happier.  Really bad customer service with Fitbit. 

Best Answer
Yes, I had to leave, customer service sucks. After 3 Fitbit that died just
after the warranty ended with only a 30/35 % discount on certain ones I
decided to try another brand and I so glad I did. I miss my Fitbit crowd
for challenges but hopefully I'll find more with the Apple group.
Best Answer

Add me to the disappointed user. Good product when it worked but dead within 1.5 years with battery not charging. Now Fitbit send me % discount on next product; like I am going to use it knowing battery issues with Fitbit products; switching to iwatch as a reliable product 

Best Answer
Yes I’m on to I watch.--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer

Add me to the list. Bought Jan 2020 and now battery needs charged everyday. Can not believe that Fitbit can see all the customers having the same issue and not doing anything to rectify the problem. Definitely will be looking for ways to take this further or at least warning other customers not to buy. I loved Fitbit but this has completely changed my mind.

Best Answer

How did you go... Guessing not well as your watch is over a year old, and presumssbly out of warranty?

Best Answer

So basically the versa 2 is disposable when the battery is dead? I wish I knew this before I bought mine. Mine is less then 2 years old and the battery lasts maybe a day. I should have gone with the Apple Watch!

Best Answer

Sadly yes. It was the same with mine. After about 1 and a half year, the battery life decreased significantly (from lasting almost 5 days to only 1 day), then I started having issues with the screen not been responsive and I had to restart the watch often or put it on the charger (it would get locked and the only way to "unlock it" was connecting it to the charger), then the battery just didn't work any more, it just didn't take the charge anymore.  The customer service is awful and they will just offer some discount and if you don't use it in 30 days you lose it.  They lost my business for good. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS SOOO BAD AND THAT AND THE BATTERY IS A KNOWN ISSUE THAT THEY DON'T EVEN RESPOND ANYTHING ON THIS FORUM.

Best Answer

When your battery has to be charged every day, you have nothing to lose. I have the same issue with battery life now 😞

Best Answer

I think this is planned obsolescence, pure and simple.💔

Best Answer

Funny how we all have the same issue with the same version Fitbit, but yet there isn't an issue with these devices.  Guess they want us to upgrade!

Did Apple buy fitbit all of a sudden, this is something Apple would do for sure.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Google owns Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having this same issue.... Mine was also purchased in 2019. in the beginning the charge lasted for about 4 or 5 days, now... I have to charge every 8 to 12 hours or so. my step count is consistantly at about 4000 because it's not charged for a good part of my day (correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this why most of us got the fit fit to start with?). I too, love this version and wish there was a solution.

If anyone knows of the company that replacing for $15, i would love to try.

thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes