Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing steps when changing from Iconic to Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I change from Ionic to Versa I seem to lose several thousand steps.   When it 1st syncs the steps are  correct but a short time later the steps are missing.   However when changing from Versa back to Ionic the step count is fine.   Please help, I love both devices and I would sure hate to get rid of one of them.   But I will if this can't be fixed.  Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hello @RBJ524 currently the two units can not be connected to your Fitbit account at the same time. 

This requires making sure that the current unit is synced, and I would check what the app says about the last sync time.

Now the other tracker can be added.

Doing these steps should prevent what your seeing.

I come to this conclusion, because you say that the steps are correct once Dding the other tracker back . This tells me that this tracker did not successfully sync before removing.

Best Answer

Thanks for your input.  I have done exactly what you said.  Each time I verify the sync was successful of my Ionic before setting up my Versa.  The strange thing is the steps will accurately show up on my Versa after the initial setup / sync.  It's later when it syncs again that I lose steps.  You know how that is for us "Fitbit Nerds".  Losing steps is like losing your wallet.  Especially when you are in a competition.  I follow all the same steps when going from my Versa back to my Ionic and there is not problem there.  It doesn't matter if I do it hours later or days later it just works.  But the other way around fails every time.  I am sort of a Fitbit nerd.  I have had just about every model, and several of some dating back to the Flex.  I have been the Fitbit support person for my family, friends and coworkers.  This is the 1st issue I have ran into that I haven't been able to solve.  I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the app just in case.  Please advise.  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just tried changing from Ionic to Versa again to provide specific data.  I took pictures of the two Fitbits side by side (before and after).  Also screen shots (before and after) Here are my findings.  I started out with 9,567 steps on my Ionic.  I made sure the sync was current (I synced multiple times and checked the status after each sync).  I then setup / synced my Versa.  It synced with the accurate step count of 9,567.  I synced multiple times and the step count remained the same.  I walked around to increase my step count and it did on my Versa until I synced again.  Then it changed my step count on my Versa and Dashboard to 6,522.  Poof just like that 3,045 steps wiped out like they never happened.  Thanks in advance for some help.

Screenshot_20181110-120433_Fitbit.jpg20181110_120533.jpg20181110_121027.jpgScreenshot_20181110-121248_Fitbit.jpgScreenshot_20181110-121517_Fitbit.jpg20181110_121606.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Anyone have any suggestions to my issue?  Had the same issue again this morning.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When are the steps taken when sweeping trackers, and do you check the steps page before adding the other tracker? Your dashboard screenshots are connected and only showing the live data. The Green icon in the top right is telling you the app is acting as a remote display of the tracker.

To get the steps synced to Fitbit one must tap the step tile and check the steps on the next page.

Best Answer

When are the steps taken when sweeping trackers, and do you check the steps page before adding the other tracker?

Your dashboard screenshots are connected and only showing the live data. The Green icon in the top right is telling you the app is acting as a remote display of the tracker and why it matches what the connected tracker says. The dashboard is not showing since data.

To get the steps synced to Fitbit one must tap the step tile and check the steps on the next page.

Best Answer

Yes, I get that.  But in order to show live data I synced and verified the steps were accurate both on the app add desktop dashboard (did this multiple times).   And you can see at one time from my previous pictures that both Fitbits did have the same count.  I can't possibly be the only person switching between the Ionic and Versa and have this problem.   The app and OS on both are up to date.   And there was no manually entering steps or activity.  This is definitely an issue and is more of a problem than operator error. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes before a swap or something, they're of no time marks, or noted on what was done, but after the app screen shots the tracker does not agree, and the screen shots do not tell what steps where actually synced to your account. Therefore the screen shots will not give any useful information to work with.

The live data is simply displaying what shows on the tracker, we need to tap though to the next page, out go into Fitbit.com to verify what has synced to the Fitbit account. Only the data that has stunned to Fitbit.com will be transferred to the other tracker when swapping trackers .This would not be a problem if both trackers could be attached at the same time but this is not possible with the versa as and ionic.

We have to submit the current tracker, confirm that the data has synced, then attach the other tracker to the account. This step also removes the old tracker, and synvs whatever the Fitbit account has to the new tracker.

So sync tracker A, then confirm that your Fitbit account matches tracker A, now attach tracker 2.

Failure to make sure that tracker A has synced may cause a change in data when later attaching A back to the account.

Most people do not try and use both of these trackers since they both can not be added at the here same time.

Best Answer

Yes, I get that.  I have been a very experienced Fitbit user for years.  As previously noted not only did I verify step count after several times on the app but I also verified my steps were recorded each and every time on the desktop dashboard of my computer on Fitbit.com prior to changing to the Versa.  Then also after the setup and sync of the Versa.  Everything is good at that point.   Then as I rack up steps on my Versa and sync again this is when the problem happens.  It is not a sync timing issue if it is good when recorded to Fitbit.com.  But each time it is the disappearance of over 3,000 steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes