Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Versa is over counting steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My versa is literally counting steps while I’m SITTING on the couch folding laundry. I managed to get in a whopping 4,321 “steps” while folding two loads of laundry 😂😂 and I also get thousands while driving. Anyone else have this issue? I think we may have a problem here  😳

Moderator edit: added label

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

My versa reads 3500 calories burned by 9:00 am when I’ve not even left the couch 

Best Answer

Kinda ridiculous 😞 hoping Fitbit will have some sort of update to fix all the issues. I was really excited for the versa but I really don’t feel like I upgraded. Very disappointed 😔 

Best Answer

Did you try to reset your fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I did. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you also try to reset it to fabric settings?

Best Answer
0 Votes

What are fabric settings?

Best Answer
0 Votes

No. What are fabric settings? 🤷🏼‍:female_sign:

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry I meant a factory reset!

I am living in the Netherlands so sometimes my translation is not as good as it should be!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oooh gotcha! Yes I did the factory reset and unfortunately it didn’t help ☹️

Best Answer
0 Votes

Many of us have had issues with the Versa giving unwarranted "ghost" steps while sitting in the charger overnight.  Mine would give 9K one night, 10K another and be ok on a third.  These steps were unaccounted for when viewing the app step graph which rules out possible external vibration sources, they just magically appeared.  I returned mine because of this.  perhaps your problem is related.  When you get a bunch of steps for basically doing nothing, go check your step graph and see if they are showing up there.  There are many threads discussing this issue but thus far I have yet to hear support acknowledge the problem exists.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, I’ll check my graph. I’ve been debating on just returning mine as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm back to my trusty Fitbit One (which is now discontinued).  I understand a wrist model is going to give a few extra unwarranted steps due to wrist movement but to have several thousand steps just magically appear is unacceptable for such a core feature.  I'm also dismayed that in the several threads where this has been discussed, I've yet to hear Fitbit chime in and acknowledge this is a problem they are aware of and am working on a fix.  I'll have to be convinced they have solved this issue before I will try another.
@TrinaM wrote:

Thank you, I’ll check my graph. I’ve been debating on just returning mine as well. 

Best Answer