Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Versa 2 won't show my active minutes

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Well, Fitbit screwed us over again.  My original Versa dies yesterday, and I had a Versa 2 waiting in the box for the day that happened.  I removed my old device, added the new one, updated the software on the app and my phone, and now the zone minutes are gone!!! Now, it only shows "minutes", not Active Minutes, or "Zone" Minutes.  What the heck are these?  The numbers shown relate to nothing I've been doing this past year.  They have all been changed, retroactively, to these new, abstract numbers. I had been hand-tracking my exercise minutes, and transferring my Zone  minutes to an Excel spreadsheet for the past year, and my fitness goals related to both-- 420 minutes of exercise per week, 600 zone minutes per week.  Now I have nothing that I can track that is relevant to either of those metrics.  What do I need a fitbit for if it's only gonna give me a step count?  A simple pedometer can do that.  And if they have the technology to calculate active and zone minutes, why can't they give the end user the option to select which ones are viewable.  This totally sucks and I was completely blown off by customer service today.  You would think if you updated to a higher version of a tracker, and updated the related software, you would have more options, not less. So  annoying!!!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It might be ok. As your fitbit would have been in the box for a while, it would have been running an old version of the firmware (from before the switch to zone minutes). When you set it up it will have spotted that the software was out of date and started to download the update, bit-by-bit, in the background each time you sync. When the download is complete you'll get a prompt to update it in the app. This process can take a couple of days. Once the update is done hopefully things will sort themselves out.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

It might be ok. As your fitbit would have been in the box for a while, it would have been running an old version of the firmware (from before the switch to zone minutes). When you set it up it will have spotted that the software was out of date and started to download the update, bit-by-bit, in the background each time you sync. When the download is complete you'll get a prompt to update it in the app. This process can take a couple of days. Once the update is done hopefully things will sort themselves out.

Best Answer

Thank you!  That's exactly what happened. I am happy to report that my zone minutes are back!!! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes