Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No longer receiving notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I noticed today that my watch was no longer notifying me for txt messages, calls, etc. I’ve had my versa for about 8 months and never had this issue. Any suggestions? I shut off my watch today to see if that helped but it didn’t. All notifications are set to on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Kirstenjane17I've fixed mine. I tried the following:

1) restarting the versa by holding the left button and the bottom right together until the fitbit logo appeared

2) checking the setting on the phone (I have an iPhone so for example for messages its settings>notifications>messages and then you need to have 'Lock Screen' and 'Banners' selected).

3) Check the settings on the Fitbit app (select the button on the top right and then you versa then check settings are on.

4) ….and this is the one that got me. If you hold and press the button on the left of you versa if brings up the quick settings screen and on here I had accidently turned notifications off. Turn this on. I think this can get easily knocked.

hope that helps.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

@SunsetRunner What's your phone model and OS? Try rebooting your Versa and the phone.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this same issue, spoke to customer service and the woman said that the push notification feature has been taken off! I’ve filed complaints. As I’ve only had my Fitbit for 2 weeks and that feature was 90% of my reason to purchase one, I’m very disappointed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Marrrmaduke I have an iPhone 8 Plus with iOS 12.1.2. I’ll try rebooting both and will let you know 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kirstenjane17, I hope that’s not the case. I really like the notifications 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Marrrmaduke It didn’t work 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hope they haven’t taken them off for good if they have APPLE watch here I come

Best Answer

Contact customer service and file a feedback or complaint form. Surely if they receive enough complaints they will  fix the issue. Otherwise I’ll be going for an Apple Watch also.

Best Answer

Surely this can't be true? If it is I will be fuming. I got mine for Christmas and the notifications worked for a few days and then stopped. Settings all appear to be correct.

Best Answer

@Nicola575 That’s the same as what mine has done. I’ve only had mine a few weeks and it’s been inaccurate, had problems syncing, now no notifications. I’ll be seeking a refund. 

Best Answer

@Kirstenjane17I've fixed mine. I tried the following:

1) restarting the versa by holding the left button and the bottom right together until the fitbit logo appeared

2) checking the setting on the phone (I have an iPhone so for example for messages its settings>notifications>messages and then you need to have 'Lock Screen' and 'Banners' selected).

3) Check the settings on the Fitbit app (select the button on the top right and then you versa then check settings are on.

4) ….and this is the one that got me. If you hold and press the button on the left of you versa if brings up the quick settings screen and on here I had accidently turned notifications off. Turn this on. I think this can get easily knocked.

hope that helps.

Best Answer

@Nicola575

I’m glad you’ve managed to get it working for you. 

I went through and tried all the troubleshooting with customer support over the phone and the issue is that the notifications are there (when you swipe down on the clock face) but there’s no alert/vibration/light up/preview or anything when the notification first comes in. What’s the use in having a notification if your not notified of it. ☹️

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are the lock screen and banner options required for notifications on my Versa now? It would explain why I haven't been getting Whatsapp notifications but have from other apps.

If that's so I'd very much like it put back to the old way. I have them off on my phone because it's nobody's business what messages I receive but I do want them on my Versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t think you can have notifications  ‘off’ on your phone but ‘on’ on the versa. I think they have to be turned on on your phone which is then pushed to the versa. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kirstenjane17

That’s odd as it sounds like the notifications are on to a degree. The only other thing I can think of are if you swipe right from the clock face and select settings, then notifications, is it turned on for During exercise, sleep etc?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nicola575 I just saw that my notifications were turned off when I pressed and held the left button. It has always been checked. I had checked all other settings and shut off my Versa but didn’t check that. I’ll find out on my next msg if I get the alert. Crossing fingers 🤞

Best Answer

Tried all the solutions still not showing notifications 

Best Answer

@ yes notifications have to be on both on the phone and versa. Also they need to be displayed in the phone notification centre.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know how to set them up,,,still not working

Best Answer
0 Votes

That’s crazy. I have been in contact with customer service for this issue. They have told me the problem is with my phone then it was the app. They make me go though a ton of steps every time. They have never told me this but it makes sense. The notifications is a huge reason I have it. It’s very frustrating that they just keep giving me the run around on this, when the issue is obviously their problem. I hope they fix this cause otherwise we will return them and go with the Apple Watch. 

Best Answer