Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sleep stages and related data (score etc) for me on my Versa Lite

ANSWERED

I am not getting any sleep stages or related data such as a sleep score using my Versa Lite and I cannot work out why. I have tried all the suggestions in the community forum including a full factory reset, a USB button 8 second 3 press reset, cleaning the device with alcohol, syncing less than 2 hours before bedtime, changing the sleep setting from normal to sensitive and back again, wearing the watch tightly and loosely in various positions on both wrists changing the dominant/non dominant setting as appropriate. I even shaved areas around my wrist to ensure that my body hair was not causing the issue. I get some heart rate data and my RHR is usually about 50 - 52 bpm, Oxygen Sats 94 – 95%, Skin Temp about 1 degree up, but no breathing rate or Heart Rate Variability. On Saturday, my wife wore the Versa Lite for the night on her wrist loosely between bone and hand (I Have also tried this previously) and voila she got the full spread of data including all the sleep stage data and a sleep score. Her RHR was 55 bpm, she even got a breathing rate and HRV. I wore it again on Sunday night and we were back to no sleep data as before, just sleep pattern. I do not accept that the reason I do not get the full spread of sleep related data and my wife does is because of my sleeping position(s) which I believe are similar to my wife’s anyway. Does anyone have a likely logical solution that I have not tried yet as I did start a subscription to Fitbit Premium to see if that made any difference (but it doesn’t) and I am going to cancel if I cannot get the full sleep data as that is the main reason that I bought it. I would add that I previously had a Fitbit Alta HR with the same results hence why I upgraded.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Update:

My wife has worn the watch for a week now and triggered the recording of sleep stages for each night, and it is now recording sleep stages for me every night. It would only do it for me on any given night if my wife had worn it on that specific night beforehand. This may also work for other users experiencing the same issues, but you will have to get your own wife to wear it 😂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Update: I continued to wear the watch after my wife wore it on the Saturday when she got the full sleep stages but I could still only get the basic sleep pattern data, until the following Saturday, when bizarrely I got full sleep stages data for myself, but on Sunday it was back to sleep pattern only, until, you've guessed it, the next Saturday I got full sleep stages again. This seems more than a coincidence, so my wife is going to wear the watch Sunday to Friday to see if she can trigger full sleep stages on those days which I am hoping will then result in me getting the sleep stages on everyday of the week.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have not let my wife wear it but I have the same problems as you. I am looking for a new watch to track my sleep. Something has changed and they don't want to admit it. Now it is just a watch, but that is not why I bought it. I am looking for a new watch and not considering Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
She has just worn it again Sunday night and got sleep stages, so she is
going to wear it the rest of the week so sleep stages are recorded by the
watch on 7 consecutive days and I am then expecting it will work for me all
the time. Its like my body cannot trigger the sleep stages on any given day
but she can, and once triggered on that day it will record my sleep stages
as well

--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG antivirus software.
www.avg.com
Best Answer
0 Votes

Update:

My wife has worn the watch for a week now and triggered the recording of sleep stages for each night, and it is now recording sleep stages for me every night. It would only do it for me on any given night if my wife had worn it on that specific night beforehand. This may also work for other users experiencing the same issues, but you will have to get your own wife to wear it 😂

Best Answer