Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Syncing since last time I charged it

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Versa since April, and put it on charge yesterday afternoon as my battery was low, and put it back on a little later to work out. Upon checking both my phone and computer apps about an hour ago, I realised that my Versa hasn't synced with anything since it was on charge at 6pm yesterday.

The computer app just flashes 'Looking for tracker' then does nothing else, and the android app tries to find it, and can't find anything even though it's beside it.

I've restarted my Versa three times, and have checked I have the most up to date software as well, and honestly I'm at a loss of what to do now.

Edit: I'm now finding that it will sync, but only whilst on charge.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Thanks for the troubleshooting you have already done, @JennaKirsty, that will save a lot of time.  Since you have rebooted the Versa several times to no avail, that leads me to believe that there is an issue with either the Versa's connection to your Bluetooth or to your syncing device's connection to the Fitbit servers.

Let me ask you a few questions before we start:

What phone/tablet/computer are you using?

Are there any other Bluetooths on in the area when you try to sync?

Are there any other Fitbits around when you try to sync?

Let's start with the Bluetooth:

1.) Go into your syncing device's settings and turn the Bluetooth on and off.  Go into the Fitbit app and try to sync.

2.) Go into your syncing device's Bluetooth and find the "Versa".  Tell it to "forget" the Versa and then re-pair it with the syncing device.  Now go into the Fitbit app and try to sync.

3.) Restart your phone/tablet/computer and then try to sync.

If all that fails, let's try to see if it's something to do with your connection to the Fitbit servers:

1.) Log into the app and tap/click on the small picture that looks like a credit card icon.

2.) Select "Add New Device" and then "Versa".  Follow the prompts.  This will help repair the connection between your device and the Fitbit servers.

3.) If all else fails, go back into your syncing devices "Settings" and clear the cache for the Fitbit app.  Clearing the cache will help clear memory as well and is a good idea to do every once in a while.  Whenever we open an app, certain files that help the app to run smoothly get opened on our phone.  Once we clear the cache, those files get deleted, making our phone run smoother and faster.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine was doing the same and I put it in to charge and it worked thanks

Best Answer
The problem is it worked while it was on charge but after putting it back on again it is now not synced since last night ie when I took it off charge

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had that same scare but it is syncing now

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DramaQueenDiva

I am using a Windows 10 Laptop and a Galaxy S9 Phone - both have been working fine previously, and I would assume the issue is with the watch and not the same issue happening across both devices. There are no other Bluetooth devices connected to either at the time of trying this. The only other Fitbit in the house is my old Charge 2, but it hasn't been charged in 6 months, so this definitely wouldn't be affecting anything.

In addition to this, I'm now finding that my Fitbit is able to sync.... But only when on charge. Following it's inability to sync yesterday, I put it on charge for a short while, and when checking my app this morning I found the last time it synced was 6pm yesterday - the time I had it on charge. When it was unable to sync all day today, both through my computer and app, I put it back on charge again, and within a few minutes, it synced. Unfortunately, this doesn't help me during the day when I am away from my charging dock, and need to sync my data to have an accurate reading on MyFitnessPal.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JennaKirsty wrote:

@DramaQueenDiva

I am using a Windows 10 Laptop and a Galaxy S9 Phone - both have been working fine previously, and I would assume the issue is with the watch and not the same issue happening across both devices. There are no other Bluetooth devices connected to either at the time of trying this. The only other Fitbit in the house is my old Charge 2, but it hasn't been charged in 6 months, so this definitely wouldn't be affecting anything.

In addition to this, I'm now finding that my Fitbit is able to sync.... But only when on charge. Following it's inability to sync yesterday, I put it on charge for a short while, and when checking my app this morning I found the last time it synced was 6pm yesterday - the time I had it on charge. When it was unable to sync all day today, both through my computer and app, I put it back on charge again, and within a few minutes, it synced. Unfortunately, this doesn't help me during the day when I am away from my charging dock, and need to sync my data to have an accurate reading on MyFitnessPal.

Ok so I took a look at the Supported Devices list for your Galaxy S9, and it is a supported device. I know that Windows 10 laptops are supported, as I have one of these as well and can sync flawlessly. That leads me to believe that the issue is with the Bluetooth connection between your syncing devices and the Fitbit servers. It's quite possible that the servers were busy at the time as well...I've had thus happen many times with my Windows 10 laptop, especially during the day. I know this isn't the most convenient time, but have you tried syncing at night?

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes