Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification problems

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey... 

I have had my Versa for about 6 months and it did work perfectly until yesterday.

I dont get calls and notifications. If i go to my Versa Notifications my text will be there but it did not notify me and i dont get calls.

I have restart my versa and phone.

All my notifications is on.

If some one can hellp me pls.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

UPDATE: I just chatted with fitbit support and they solved this problem.  Here's what we did:

1. Restart the Versa device by pressing and holding the left button and the bottom right buttons until you see the Fitbit logo -- takes ~10 seconds --  then releasing the buttons.
  2. Open Fitbit app, open account icon, open Versa, open Notifications and disable all notifications.
  3. Sync Fitbit Versa.
  4. Remove the Versa from the iPhone's bluetooth (i.e. "Forget this device" in bluetooth settings).  
  5. Open Fitbit app and re-enable call and text notifications.
  6. Sync Versa.  You'll receive a prompt to pair Versa with device Bluetooth.  Do so.
  7. Press the left button on the Versa and confirm the "notifications" option is set to "On."
  8. Voila, notifications worked again for me.

I feel like I tried everything in this list on my own except restarting the device, so maybe that did the trick, or perhaps the order of operations matters. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I asked what caused this problem, and the agent said "It's possible the Fitbit Versa's notifications just needed a refresh," which isn't very satisfying.   But they are working again.  I hope this isn't something that needs to be done regularly.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@JSR93 Are the notifications ON on Versa itself? Please press and hold the left button to access quick menu. Toggle the notifications there OFF/ON several times and reboot your tracker by pressing and holding the left and bottom right buttons until fitbit logo appears.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer

I am having the same problem. I bought my Versa two weeks ago. Notifications worked flawlessly from Day One until yesterday.  I have not made any changes to my phone to cause this issue -- notifications just stopped working. The app is still syncing my fitness data.

I have tried:

• Checking that notification settings are correct in the Fitbit app (they are, and I'm set to sync all day).
  • Checking that notification settings are correct on the iPhone (they are).
  • Checking that notification settings are correct on the Fitbit Versa (they are).
  • Checking that I am connected to Bluetooth. I am.  
  • Restarting the Fitbit app on my phone. No change.
  • Unpairing my Bluetooth and re-pairing.  No change.
  • Unpairing my Bluetooth, restarting the phone, re-pairing and restarting the app. No change.

I cannot think of anything else to try.

I bought the Versa to replace a Pebble Round, which reliably provided notifications. Notifications are 95% of the reason I got a Versa.  If this cannot be fixed I will be forced to return the device as it doesn't do what I need it to do.  Are there further suggestions for how to fix this problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

UPDATE: I just chatted with fitbit support and they solved this problem.  Here's what we did:

1. Restart the Versa device by pressing and holding the left button and the bottom right buttons until you see the Fitbit logo -- takes ~10 seconds --  then releasing the buttons.
  2. Open Fitbit app, open account icon, open Versa, open Notifications and disable all notifications.
  3. Sync Fitbit Versa.
  4. Remove the Versa from the iPhone's bluetooth (i.e. "Forget this device" in bluetooth settings).  
  5. Open Fitbit app and re-enable call and text notifications.
  6. Sync Versa.  You'll receive a prompt to pair Versa with device Bluetooth.  Do so.
  7. Press the left button on the Versa and confirm the "notifications" option is set to "On."
  8. Voila, notifications worked again for me.

I feel like I tried everything in this list on my own except restarting the device, so maybe that did the trick, or perhaps the order of operations matters. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I asked what caused this problem, and the agent said "It's possible the Fitbit Versa's notifications just needed a refresh," which isn't very satisfying.   But they are working again.  I hope this isn't something that needs to be done regularly.

Best Answer
0 Votes