Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pace is wrong

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

While running, has anyone else found the pace to be inaccurate? I typically run with a Garmin and have plenty of running experience. There is a two minute pace difference which I find absurd! I contacted support to no avail. I was sure to pause my run on screen while stopping for water, traffic, etc. Loking for some explanation. Does it have anything to do with stride length or other settings? 

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

I had issues this morning where for the first couple minutes it was flashing "connecting to GPS" and then those disappeared so I thought I was connected but it wasn't tracking right. It told me my pace was 18 minutes/mile. I turned Strava on on my phone half way through and it recorded me at 8 min/mile.

Best Answer

Yes. I have have suspected my Fitbit watch of an inaccurate pace. I finally switched over to Strava. Just finished an 8 mile run. Ran both apps simultaneously. Fitbit had and pace of 8:49, and Strava had 8:02.

Best Answer

I am happy (and sad) to hear that I am not the only one! I kept thinking, I can’t be running this slowly....and now I know (as I ran with my husband, who wore an iWatch and had a much faster pace recording on his watch) that I’m not so desperately slow. What’s the fix? Can the pace be reset? Is there a Fitbit correction?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The only solution that might make a difference is to change your stride length under settings. By default it is set to an automated estimate of your height and weight. You will have to go to a track to perform the test (Fitbit tells you how if you click on the "learn more" icon). I use another GPS method for tracking runs, however. It really is important to have the accuracy if you are training for a race. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. Very frustrating!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes