Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora frustrations

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So, I have to say, I just sold my Apple Watch because I missed my Fitbit so much (after being a customer for many years - this Versa is my 4th version). I got the Versa because it's supposed to do pretty much everything my Apple Watch did that I liked. I cannot get my Versa to download my Pandora stations. I've tried multiple times. I've had the watch for almost a week now and the highest it has gotten is 18%, then it started back over. The other day I let it sit on the charger all day, with my phone on the charger as well, thinking I just needed to give it time. Nope, still won't sync. I also have to say, I didn't realize you cant control Pandora without wifi... is this correct? That's such a horrible idea. I rarely do anything workout related in my own home. So does that mean I will have to make my phone a hotspot just so I can listen to music? Then I'll be using up all of my data... and that's IF I can get it to work.

I'm slightly disappointed. The Fitbit Pay and Pandora were the two things I use the most... Fitbit pay is working fine. But if Pandora doesn't ever cooperate, I'll have no other choice but to return my Fitbit. Please keep me from doing this.

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

So I see you can pair with the phone through Bluetooth Classic. I remember this on my previous fitbit. So is this how you can listen and control fitbit through the phone without it downloading? If so, great. However, Bluetooth Classic isn't showing up on my phone Smiley Sad

Best Answer
0 Votes

@nhelton without knowing what phone you have I can't really say much about Bluetooth Classic.

You would first need to go into the Bluetooth settings on the versa and put Bluetooth into pair mode. The phones bluetooth should now be able to find the Versa Classic. However if your phone needs is an iOS device, the classic option will not be available since iOS uses the BTLE to control music on the phone.

When it comes to Pandora the watch should connect to the wifi that was previously setup when the Versa is charging.  I find it takes a while for Pandora to connect and usually go to the media, Pandora, tap the hamburger menu in the top right and choose force sync now.

Once Pandora starts syncing there will be a second bar above the charge status.

Best Answer

I have the galaxy S7 edge.  I went back to Android. I was able to get my phone connected for the Pandora stations to download, but its been almost a weekof trying with it hooked on the charger and it won't complete downloading. It keeps stopping without me ever touching it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @nhelton.  A couple important points:

1. You need to have a paid subscription in order to set up Pandora on your Versa.
  2. Yes, you need wifi to set up Pandora because in this process, you are actually downloading songs from selected play lists to your Versa
  3. Once the setup is complete, you can listen to your downloaded songs and control what you are listening to ... without wifi. No need to make your phone a hotspot. For detailed information on setting up and using Pandora on your Versa, tap here

I realize your main problem is setting up Pandora. Hope this helps. Please let us know. For what’s it’s worth, the Help pages (linked above) mention using the dashboard. I found it much easier to temporarily switch to my laptop and set up the music from there. 

Best Answer

I have the paid subscription and its connected to my home wifi... so, I'd love to get to #3, but unfortunately I cant get there even following 1 and 2... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again, @nhelton. I’m sorry I was not much help. At this point, I’d suggest you contact Support

Best Answer

It's all good. I may. I did finally get classic to connect. So I'm happy with at least that 😉 

Best Answer

Just want to post a follow up. . Over time of charging and such, it slowly is loading the stations. It hasn't completely loaded them, but they are in progress. 2 of my 4 stations have completely loaded. I also was able to connect my Fitbit Classic. So, I guess over time my other 2 stations will finally load. 

All good 😉 

Thanks for the help. I'm glad it could work out.

Best Answer
0 Votes