Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questionable product, poor service

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I loved my Versa for the 4 weeks that it worked. I was disappointed when it went haywire out of nowhere (blinking red/orange light, flashing screen after directed to do factory reset by support) but I was not concerned as I believed that this company had pride in their product and would deliver a new one as soon as possible. Support sent me a shipping label and I immediately shipped the watch on june 22nd using FedEx (as recommended). Somehow, my watch took 10 days(July 3rd) to arrive at their Indiana warehouse. Now, they would like me to believe this is a fedex issue, but my watch somehow has continuously been mixed up or lost or who knows at their warehouse because those things are not explained in detail. Today's date is July 14th and I know I won't get my watch today or tomorrow because they probably won't ship on the weekend. If I had not continuously gone through support to question where my watch was, I would be even farther away from receiving my watch back. This is a $200 watch and i dont even want it anymore because im not sure it will work in a month (if i ever get it). And if it does break down, i have to deal with this same ridiculous process . Ive had stuff go bad before but this has been the worst response to dissatisfaction of a supposedly quality product and company. The only thing ive been rewarded with is 1-2 day rushed shipping which means nothing after these continued delays. 

Buyer Beware.

I'm sure this comment will be read by an administrator and if they choose to respond, they surely won't be able to contradict a thing ive written when they check their records and the number of requests I've made. This isn't venom, it's an honest account of my poor experience with a questionable product.

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Their shipping is absolutely horrible.

I live and work on a military base in South Korea.  They used FedEx to ship my replacement Charge HR2.  It went to Richmond, California and has been sitting on boat to get here since June 25th.

Almost easier to have them send me a check and buy a replacement vs waiting six weeks.

https://www.narvar.com/fitbit/tracking/fedex?tracking_numbers=74899989049171539197&service=SP&locale...

That's the tracking # if a moderator or fitbit rep would like to put their two cents in. 

I have no watch right now, no alarm clock....nothing since late june.

Totally unsat

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Charge HR wristband has been slowly breaking over the last few

months and finally fell apart earlier this month.  I reached out to the

support office on the 15th and they sent me a new one.  Giving it a few

days, I checked the tracking number provided and was puzzled.  It was sent

FEDEX ground with a delivery date of 4 August.the problem is I work for the

Air Force in South Korea and live on a military base.  There is no way FEDEX

can deliver a package to me here.  A few more days passed and I saw the

current location was Richmond, California.  Richmond is where Parcel

Select/Slow Boat packages go to APO addresses.  It goes into a shipping

container, on a boat, and sails when it is full.

I opened a chat with a support tech to see what other options were available

since 4-6 weeks shipping for a replacement is not satisfactory to me.

Homark M (no further information) was able to initiate another replacement

via expedited shipping provided I decline the previous order when it

arrives.  I took the offer link he provided and was quite happy the problem

was solved.

Two days later, I get an email from Martha Z saying the Charge HR line is

discontinued and they will provide a Charge 2 at no additional cost.I just

needed to reply to the email.  I did, and again waited for some type of

confirmation.

Last night, I received yet another email from Fitbut support, this time from

Mauricio D.  stating "Upon checking in our system, it appears that the

tracker currently paired to your account is the same tracker for which we

issued a replacement device on 06/16/2018. Therefore this device is no

longer covered by Fitbit's limited warranty, as a result we're unable to

provide a replacement."

I then spent another hour in chat trying to figure out what is going on.  I

still don't know what is going on and I get the feeling that the support

office is not talking to each other and/or reading casefiles before they

make decisions.

I'd like your help though it is probably too late.  I won't have my fitbit

until 4 August.its my watch, my alarm clock, my sanity.  I dug out a wind up

alarm clock until I get a replacement.  If you can sort this problem out I

would greatly appreciate it.  I should not have to wait 4-6 weeks for this.

It's now July 16 and I still have no fitbit.  Original support ticket/chat was done June 15.

Tracking link: 

https://www.narvar.com/fitbit/tracking/fedex?tracking_numbers=74899989049171539197&service=SP&locale...

Support case # is 25447928.

Someone figure something out...make a command decision.

Best Answer

Mine has completely died after 8 weeks and I still haven't even heard from their customer services after numerous calls and it has been a week. They have changed they are no longer accommodating and I think I will be switching to apple. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

it seems someone deleted my post.

---

My Fitbit Charge HR wristband has been slowly breaking over the last few

months and finally fell apart earlier this month.  I reached out to the

support office on the 15th and they sent me a new one.  Giving it a few

days, I checked the tracking number provided and was puzzled.  It was sent

FEDEX ground with a delivery date of 4 August.the problem is I work for the

Air Force in South Korea and live on a military base.  There is no way FEDEX

can deliver a package to me here.  A few more days passed and I saw the

current location was Richmond, California.  Richmond is where Parcel

Select/Slow Boat packages go to APO addresses.  It goes into a shipping

container, on a boat, and sails when it is full.

I opened a chat with a support tech to see what other options were available

since 4-6 weeks shipping for a replacement is not satisfactory to me.

Homark M (no further information) was able to initiate another replacement

via expedited shipping provided I decline the previous order when it

arrives.  I took the offer link he provided and was quite happy the problem

was solved.

Two days later, I get an email from Martha Z saying the Charge HR line is

discontinued and they will provide a Charge 2 at no additional cost.I just

needed to reply to the email.  I did, and again waited for some type of

confirmation.

Last night, I received yet another email from Fitbut support, this time from

Mauricio D.  stating "Upon checking in our system, it appears that the

tracker currently paired to your account is the same tracker for which we

issued a replacement device on 06/16/2018. Therefore this device is no

longer covered by Fitbit's limited warranty, as a result we're unable to

provide a replacement."

I then spent another hour in chat trying to figure out what is going on.  I

still don't know what is going on and I get the feeling that the support

office is not talking to each other and/or reading casefiles before they

make decisions.

I'd like your help though it is probably too late.  I won't have my fitbit

until 4 August.its my watch, my alarm clock, my sanity.  I dug out a wind up

alarm clock until I get a replacement.  If you can sort this problem out I

would greatly appreciate it.  I should not have to wait 4-6 weeks for this.

It's now July 16 and I still have no fitbit.  Original support ticket/chat was done June 15.

Tracking link: 

Support case # is 25447928.

Someone figure something out...make a command decision.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SuperXdude

Your posts were put into this thread, which had a similar problem. The Moderator will read this and reply.

The community isn't the best place to get information on shipping. One of the Fitbit moderators will be able to get into more depth than regular members.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

I had a package sent via FedEx from Fitbit US to Japan where I live. The shipment was initiated last Wednesday July 11th with delivery scheduled by July 17th. I couldn't believe that today, July 16th, I got it.

For me the shipping was really astonishing.

Instead last November I ordered my Ionic from Amazon US and the delivery to Japan took nearly 30 days because they lost the package. 

Best Answer

The problem is, mine was sent via Fedex to the USPS depot in Richmond, California.

It's now on a boat from Cali to South Korea.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a funny FedEx issue too with my return traveling from Atlanta to San francisco and then finally winding up in the fit bit Indiana warehouse in Indiana.

I was prepared to put that blame on FedEx but after fit bit "misplaced/forgot/who knows) my watch in their warehouse, I don't trust their methods. My issue with this company is that they should have more pride in their product and show more value to a customer. They should have refunded the price of the product at the very least given its poor quality (4 weeks)!!! There's no way I'm ever investing another dollar into anything fit bit related because when things go wrong, they don't know how to treat people and stand behind their product. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

They do an awful job of keeping in contact and updating your progress. I had to log in 4 times to online support to ask them about my products status and to see if it had shipped. 

Poor service.

I rejected the whole apple craze but I think I'd be better treated over there in these regards

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I ship my defective versa (using their shipping label and fedex) on June 22nd. It doesn't arrive to their warehouse until July 3rd. I make 3 contacts asking why and where my watch is with the last contact being July 13th (friday). Today is July 16th and I get an email saying my product is finally in the mail. If they provide the rushed shipping they promised, I guess I can expect my watch on Wednesday. 

If anybody comments on my watch or asks me about this product, I'll be sure to share my experiences. Fit bit doesn't won't care until people stop buying their product when they are properly warned.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! Sorry to hear about the delay in your replacement process with Support. Support is following the process established in the warranty. Once the device is in transit we depend on the package carrier to deliver it to us. Still happy to hear that some of you have already have their devices replaced. You can check the status with support by emailing them as we as moderators and community members in general won't be able to assist you with this (only Support can handle replacements). You can check the warranty here.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

Light them up on FaceBook and Twitter.  Amazing how a little public shaming can improve responsiveness. Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Should I as a customer that invested $200 dollars in a product that was defective after a mere 4 weeks of use need to be concerned about this warranty. I know no company wants to lose money, but if this product is faulty (And this is a realistic possibility given the accounts I've read) , Fit bit should have a genuine interest in building a consumer's confidence that these mistakes / errors / defects will be handled quickly. Where is the pride in the product? Why did my watch break down after 4 weeks? What can I do so that I never have to send my watch back to your warehouse? The only answer is to avoid Fit bit altogether. This was a special purchase for me. I researched this product and many others and felt that given the committed funds and name that I would be safe with your brand in any case. It should be embarrassing that this product broke down after 4 weeks and I don't think Fit bit feels that way given the response to my experience.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes