Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Steps count increase while charging Fitbit Versa

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 9/09

Hi, Versa Fam! 

Thanks so much for your patience while our team continues to investigate and work on this issue. We're still working on this and I hope to have more information for you all very soon. 

As soon as there is a fix in place, I will make sure to announce that here. Please stay tuned and subscribed to this thread for updates. 

Fitbit Update: 7/25

Hey, everyone!

I know many of you are wondering what the status on this bug is and I'm here to reassure you this is still being worked on by our team. For anyone still getting ghost steps on their Versa's, we are definitely working towards a fix. I don't have a timeline for when the fix will be released, so I appreciate everyone's patience for the time being. I recommend if possible, placing your Versa on a different flat surface without any vibrations to prevent the extra steps. 

Fitbit Update: 6/21

Hi, everyone!

Sorry to hear that some of you are accumulating unwanted steps while charging your Versa's. Thank you for taking the time to report this issue here on the forums. Our team is aware of this affecting some of you and is working towards a fix on a future firmware release.

Thanks for your patience for the time being. Smiley Happy

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
602 REPLIES 602

Fitbit Update: 11/8/18

Hi everyone! 

We released Fitbit OS 2.2 to a small subset of Fitbit Ionic and Fitbit Versa customers. If you already have Fitbit OS 2.1 on your watch and want to upgrade to Fitbit OS 2.2, you can factory reset your device to receive the update. See How do I erase my Fitbit device? 

*Please note that factory resetting your device clears all data from the watch including music, Fitbit Pay information, and apps. All your Fitbit data is still available in the Fitbit app. 

This firmware update includes improvements for the issue reported in this thread. If you’re having issues updating from a previous version, we’re working on making the update more widely available.

We hope this helps with the ghost steps issue. Let us know if there are any questions! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem with my Versa lately. Just the last week and a half it started tracking steps when it is charging and when imI not wearing it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Workingonit2, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! If your Versa seems to be tracking steps while it's charging it, I'd like to ask you this, is there something close to your watch such as a fan, or anything else that is vibrating on the same surface as the device? If so,  please place the device on a different surface without any vibrations, and see if the issue persists. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes