Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Versa setup issues

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update: 08/31/2018: Hi everyone, and thanks for your patience while we worked to resolve this issue. The setup process should now be working normally, and you can follow the instructions here to pair a device to your account.

If you continue to encounter any difficulty with setup, please let us know.

Hi everyone! Thank you all for your reports of this issue.

I have forwarded your inquiries to our Product Team who is aware of this issue and actively working to resolve it. I will share updates with you all as soon as I receive them.

Thanks again for the reports.

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
105 REPLIES 105

I have also finally succeeded in setting mine up.  It definitely requires the factory reset that was suggested in this forum, and was not suggested by Fitbit in any of its live online tech help or troubleshooting guides.  (They only suggested holding down 2of the buttons which did nothing) THANK YOU so much to the person who suggested it in this forum.  I am quite disappointed that Fitbit has not fixed this issue or even knows how to when users try their tech support.  I asked someone I saw wearing one today if they had issues with it.  They described having to do a reset to get it to function properly and they bought it approx 2 months ago when it was first released.  It should not take 2 days of frustration to finally get a device, that is not cheap in cost to function.  That being said, I have yet to get mine to display my text notifications. I keep getting a message that the device is not bluetoothed paired, but shows that it is on my phone.  Perhaps in another 2 days from now it will actually work the way it should.  I am still waiting for a response from Fitbit with 20hours remaining of their 48hour response time.  If anyone has any suggestions on how to get my text notifications to function I would greatly appreciate it!

Best Answer

I returned an open versa to Target this morning. No problem at all. 

Bought a competitor's model and am thrilled with it.

Best Answer

Well I spoke too early. I have done 3 factory resets and haven’t been able to get past about 80% on the download. About ready to pull what hair I have left out! Ready to get started with Fitbitting

Best Answer
0 Votes

After the first 2 resets mine wouldn’t get past 67%, third time it downloaded fully, wifi has to be strong.  As to my request for help with notifications, I have figured it out and am posting in case anyone else has trouble with this too.  From my phones settings, u dear Bluetooth I had to choose “forget this device”, then from the Fitbit app settings, choose notifications and it prompts to pair the Fitbit with the phone ...phew and it works now!

Best Answer

I am using a new IPhone 8 and a Verizon MiFi hotspot. My problem may be that I do not have fast enough internet service. I actually drove to a McDonalds to try it earlier but after I got an error message realized it will not work on a public wifi network. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am using an iPhone 8 also.  After 2 attempts reaching only 67% using home wifi, I went to the local library and used the public wifi there, it did take just over an hour to download and then install.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Update: 08/30/2018: Hi everyone! Thank you all for your reports of this issue.

I have forwarded your inquiries to our Product Team who is aware of this issue and actively working to resolve it. I will share updates with you all as soon as I receive them.

Thanks again for the reports.

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

I have been trying for hours for two days now and still cannot sync Pandora. It downloaded halfway and stopped. This is the most frustrating set up I have ever had. I would rather return this and go back to my Charge2. Very disappointed, I bought this just for the music function. 

Best Answer

Did you go to the app press on your Versa and enable notifications, and select which app notifications you wish to receive on your versa.

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon ( ) > your device image.
  2. Tap Notifications.
  3. Tap the type of notification you'd like to receive (Text Messages, Calendar Events, Emails, or App Notifications), and make sure it's turned on.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been trying for hours for two days now and still cannot sync Pandora. It downloaded halfway and stopped. This is the most frustrating set up I have ever had. I would rather return this and go back to my Charge 2. Very disappointed, I bought this just for the music function. 

Best Answer

Same thing.... mine doesn’t work at all... it will get through 10% of the update and then a big red x shows up on the watch

Best Answer

I have bought a Fitbit versa and it is not syncing with my one plus 5t. I have tried multiple times. But still no success.also the new update also downloading.could you please suggest what is the issue here

Best Answer
0 Votes

Consider this another issue.  Software update times out at 75% and the versa will not reconnect in addition there is a ton of difficulty trying to connect it to WiFi networks to even start the process.

Best Answer

Glad they are aware of it... seems like an ongoing issue.  What is the ETA to get this fixed?  Kind of feels like a bunch of people are unhappy with $200 and $300 device that are not working. I know I am not super impressed after spending the money for the Versa today and not being able to use it. 

Best Answer

I'm really disappointed in FitBit.  Somehow, what was once a great product has been really screwed up.  I just exchanged my Ionic for a replacement because it was not connecting to wifi.  I received the replacement today and I can't get it connected.  The update gets to the end and then says it won't install.  I'm extremely frustrated.  This problem needs to be fixed.  I've owned 3 different Fitbits over the last five years.  I've never ever had this problem.  I've tried everything including calling my Internet provider and checking my wifi -- the problem is on your end.  Let's get this fixed ASAP.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 2 HR sensor died, so I needed another tracker to record my runs with HR/GPS data.

Bought my FitBit Versa yesterday. And here it goes....

For starters, I have spent 3 hours to set it up 🙂 Separate story altogether.

Main issue for me now: it won't connect to a "Connected GPS" when I want to record my runs.

Keeps showing "Connecting...." animation indefinitely whenever I want to start my run.

My gear:

• Android 8.1.0
  • FitBit app 2.77
  • Versa firmware 32.32.10.15

Same exact smartphone, same app and same locations I do run and record GPS data flawlessly with my Charge 2. It's the Versa which is at fault.

I have read forum here and there and here are the workarounds I have tried (none worked):

• making sure I have un-paired and removed my old Charge 2 from the fitbit account and phone settings
  • removing all the bluetooth devices paired to a phone
  • removing and adding Versa to my fitbit account and phone again
  • factory reseting my Versa and setting it up again (TWICE!)
  • restarting my Versa (3+ times every time)
  • disabling all the bluetooth related music functionality on my Versa
  • somebody said that removing/altering autolap function on run setting would help, so I tried this as well
  • I have also seen somebody managed to fix things by setting up Strava integration. So I did that as well.

NONE of the above managed to fix my issue.

Versa still fails to connect to my Phone's GPS which my old Charge2 has no issues with whatsoever!

It looks like Versa maintains connection with my phone otherwise as it keeps pushing me notifications and such. Emails, calendar, WhatsApp.... all that.

But Connected GPS.... dammit. IT DOES NOT WORK!

Please acknowledge the bug/issue and give us single thread to track or something.

This piece of functionality is why I bought this device and for these money it should be working smoothly!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The last time my Fitbit syn was August 18 and is 15 minus back

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Swati28

See the banner at the top of the forums?  Your post is being merged into that thread.

We're aware that Ionic/Versa customers may be experiencing issues completing a firmware update & are working to resolve this ASAP. Visit this discussion for updates. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

See the banner at the top of the forums?  Your post is being merged into that thread.

We're aware that Ionic/Versa customers may be experiencing issues completing a firmware update & are working to resolve this ASAP. Visit this discussion for updates. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Is there an EYA for when this will

be resolved? 

Best Answer
0 Votes