Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Brightness Broken

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I put my Versa to charge while I slept last night.  Put in on this morning and my screen has been dim the entire day.  Since I bought it, I've used the auto-brightness feature;it's currently behaving as if I was in a dark movie theater.

My first attempt was to clean my screen, thinking maybe there was something interfering with the light sensor. (Note: I do not have a screen protector.) This had no effect.

My second attempt was a device restart.  This had no effect.

My third attempt was to try to change the device brightness settings.  This had no effect.

My fourth attempt is to do a factory reset.  It's currently in progress, but I think this attempt will fail as well, because my screen is still dim as it goes through setup.

So.  Has anyone encountered this?  Any other suggestions on how to fix it?  I wish I remembered how old this thing is - it was only released in April, so it's less than a year, so this is unacceptable. I just bought one as a Christmas present for my brother-in-law, too... I hope I don't regret it.

ETA: It started tracking my sleep April 25th, so I think that's when I bought it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@jonellemonzon If factory reset does not resolve this issue, I'm afraid you might have to reach out to Customer Support to guide you through the next steps. Sorry about your Versa.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes

20190106_074917.jpg

Well, i'm glad i was able to warrant it. Worse by the day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Its fully dead now.  On further inspection, theres condensation visible by the HR sensor.  That's some bull. Water resistant to 50 meters ey?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jonellemonzon I am afraid this might suggest water damage. Please reach out to Customer Support.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes