Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silent Alarm Vibration Strength?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How strong is the Versa's vibration of the silent alarm? The original Charge was awesome, and would wake me up, but when I was forced to update to the Charge 2 I've found that I share the frustration of many in that the vibration is much weaker.

How does the Versa vibration compare with the Charge, Charge 2, and other products?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

On page 21 of the manual, there is a picture with a "Vibrations->Strong" setting, so I imagine it can be set strong enough. 

https://staticcs.fitbit.com/content/assets/help/manuals/manual_versa_en_US.pdf

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

I have this question too.

I still use Charge HR, it's awesome as an alarm.

Charge 2 was too weak, I returned it for this (and several other) reason.

Best Answer

If it functions like the Ionic (which I believe we can, I am using the new OS) you can change vibration from normal to strong. Strong did the trick for me. 

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer

On page 21 of the manual, there is a picture with a "Vibrations->Strong" setting, so I imagine it can be set strong enough. 

https://staticcs.fitbit.com/content/assets/help/manuals/manual_versa_en_US.pdf

Best Answer

Thank you.  That is great information.  Is there anyway someone from @Fitbit could let us know if there is a ranking or range of comparison between the Charge HR, Charge HR 2, and the Versa vibration settings? What if "strong" is really just the same level as the Charge 2.  That would be dissapointing.

Best Answer

Strong is much more dramatic on my Ionic than the vibration on my Charge 2. Very noticeable difference. Hope that helps.

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! @james-async 

There is not any ranking of which trackers/watches would be strongest that I can provide. What I can say is we have taken into consideration the feedback for vibration and have made improvements. Hence, the option to increase the vibration strength from "normal" to "strong" on Ionic and Versa. If you'd like to give Versa a try, please go for it! Our return policy provides a 45-day timeframe which should be enough time for you to test out all the features important to you. Let me know if I can help with anything else! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

The "strong" setting on the Ionic is VERY good -- it's far stronger than the Charge 2.  I can't imagine anyone being unhappy with the "strong" setting's action.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Fitbit Blaze and the vibration for text notification is perfect, it is strong, and you can literally hear the vibration. I checked the vibration settings on the Versa, it was at normal. Selected strong hoping it would feel different and it did not. It literally only fells a bit stronger. The alarm setting on the Versa is very strong and just about the same as my Blaze. Maybe my watch was a dud, but it needs to be a lot stronger. I do not even feel it. Meaning I never notice when I get a notification. Disappointed in this.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer

It's great to see you here @Zumbzbarre.

Thanks for the feedback provided regarding the vibration of the Versa. Have you tried to restart your watch? If you haven't, I recommend restarting it by doing the following:

1. Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.

Let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

It seems to be stronger than it was before. It is noticeable. Not as strong as sting as my Fitbit blaze though. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I actually am experiencing the same thing, I barely feel the vibrations

Best Answer

Hi,

I miss most of the notifications due to weak vibration.

I've changed it to strong already in settings and it is weak still.

Is there any other chance to make silent notifications stronger?  

I'm sorry to say, but if it will not allow me to set some multiple vibrations or any other way how to make it stronger I will have to leave it 😞

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer

Hello @MichalX, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

We really appreciate our members's input and feedback and I would like to thank you for yours. I understand how important it is for you to have a stronger setting for vibrations in the Versa. Our team is always looking to improve the Fitbit experience and I would like to encourage you to submit your insight as a suggested idea, where members of the Community can comment and vote for it so it can be implemented in the future.

Feel free to share your suggestion with your friends and family to add more votes and comments, this is the best way to make your voice heard and get the attention from our development team.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply.

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

VERY WEAK ALARM! Twice now I have missed waking up on time because I can BARELY feel the vibration of the versa alarm. PLEASE do something about this.

Never had this issue with the Charge 2 Special Edition.

I am regretting upgrading to this Fitbit Versa. 

Best Answer

@iamrudes Did you try setting your vibration to strong in the settings app?

Best Answer

you rock! solved! thanks so much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

All of a sudden the strong notification setting has become very weak on my versa.  Any reason to this and solutions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I recently had 4 lumbar vertebrae fused and need to walk as much as possible. I bought the Versa for the reminder to walk 250 steps every hour. I like the watch but either I do not get the vibration reminder or I don’t feel it.The watch is set to strong and I can feel  ( not very strong) when I swap from normal to strong. Tried suggestions from blog , reset watch via Fitbit chat, no luck.

Do I give up and return it? 

I’ve spent too much time trying to fix it

Guess I’ll used trusty hourly alarms on I phone. They are loud and annoying but they work.

sincerly,

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Inspire HR. The vibration is also very weak and I can't find instructions to strengthen it.

Best Answer