Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swimming not always detected

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa does not always detect my swimming sessions.  I have had it a week and have participated in 7 water aerobics classes wearing it......only 2 were detected as swimming activities.  It did record steps. Are there certain movements it detects as swimming?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome on board @karbud.

Regarding your inquiry, your Fitbit automatically tracks the duration of your swim and the number of pool lengths you complete. Can you please tell me how are you logging this activity? In the meantime, I recommend taking a look at the help article How do I track my swims with my Fitbit device?.

Also keep in mind that you can always manually log this exercise.

Hope to hear from you soon. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Welcome on board @karbud.

Regarding your inquiry, your Fitbit automatically tracks the duration of your swim and the number of pool lengths you complete. Can you please tell me how are you logging this activity? In the meantime, I recommend taking a look at the help article How do I track my swims with my Fitbit device?.

Also keep in mind that you can always manually log this exercise.

Hope to hear from you soon. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do not do laps.  I do a water aerobic class.  I was curious because on some of the days it picks it up as swimming and other days not.  Based on reading the information you referred me to it seems that when we do arm movements that mimic swim strokes it is recognized.  I was worried there was a problem with my watch as it picked it up sometimes and sometimes not.  I do not log my exercises....I am more concerned with steps and heart rate.  Thanks for your response.  

Best Answer
0 Votes