Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Fitbit 2 Charger

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Charger1.JPGCharger2..JPGHi all, I have read a lot of topics about this charger, especially about the cable coming out from the bottom instead of the back, like the one from the Versa 1. Most topics mentioned that this leads, to while charging the Versa 2, it had to be on it's side in order to charge well. I have found a workaround for this and when I charge my Versa 2 the charger,and thus the Versa2, is standing about 45 degrees upright instead of on it's side. This is how to do it: the cable comes out of the bottom, but next to it there is a little groove on the left side in which this cable fits perfectly. Make a loop of about 10 cm/4 inches and insert the cable in the little groove and your charger will be upright instead off on it's side. Hope this will help you all with this ridiculous design of this charger. Kind regards kuzibri

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Heather-S ,  thanks. Do not know if this is how Fitbit intended it, but I was trying to find a way to get the watch in an upright position instead off lying on it's side. Since the connectors are on top of the charger, the charger will stand upright in a 45 degree angle when the watch is in the charger. Regards kuzibri

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

@SunsetRunner Perhaps you could post a picture so users can get a better idea of what you mean? 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Hi @N8teGee , done!! Thanks for suggestion, regards kuzibri

Best Answer

Deleted, double post due to fault message while trying to post. kuzibri

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Thanks for updating your post with pictures, I'm sure others will find this useful. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner This is a very clever fix.  I wonder if this is what Fitbit had intended?  Either way, thank you for sharing your find.  🙂

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

Hi @Heather-S ,  thanks. Do not know if this is how Fitbit intended it, but I was trying to find a way to get the watch in an upright position instead off lying on it's side. Since the connectors are on top of the charger, the charger will stand upright in a 45 degree angle when the watch is in the charger. Regards kuzibri

Best Answer

I tried doing that to my charging cable, just like the picture, but it still does not sit straignt even at a 45 degree angle. It makes me so angry that they would change the design of the original charging cable to something that is Unusable! Most people have to make a post about it and someone has to post a possible fix. I truly want to go back to the original Versa watch and charger but the face on my watch cracked. Does anyone know if the face can be replaced?

Best Answer

Hi @ruby1005 here is a picture how it looks like when in the charger, as you can see the watch is standing upright instead of lying on it's side during charging. Charger3.png

Best Answer
Best Answer
0 Votes

Scratch that, only the first link I posted is compatible with Versa2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Versa family classic bands have no flexibility at the pebble connection.  The only way I could get the Versa to lie flat was when charging with a woven band.  Result?  I charged it on its side.

So the Versa 2 has to be on its side to charge.  Big deal.

All of this looks like a solution in search of a problem.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hate the shorter cable!!!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes