Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tickle feeling in arm

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi guys

I am not sure if this is normal. I bought my Fitbit Versa yesterday, worn it the whole day yesterday without any weird feeling. However today my arm/wrist/hand has this weird tickle numbness feeling. I have not slept with it only put it on this morning. I really like my Fitbit and wanted one for so long, can someone please assist me in this situation? 

Is there something wrong with my Fitbit? my mom says she is not experiencing any discomfort, and we bought our together, same time and same place.

Please please please assist.

Thank you. 

Luzinde

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

Could it just be that it's a little too tight?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Steve

No i don't usually wear my watches to tight,,,i like when my watch has space for little bit of movement

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmm. As it's so new I would have thought it unlikely to be some sort of allergic reaction but, case in case, have a look at fitbit's guide that offers some suggestions:

https://www.fitbit.com/productcare

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am a person that doesn't have any allergies so no I definitely do not think its some sort of allergy, it does however feel like electric waves going up and down in my hand, it's a weird feeling, I struggle to explain it.

Best Answer

Are you able to swap with your mom for an hour or so? That might help narrow the problem down i.e. is it specific to the fitbit, or to you.

Unfortunately I don't know what else to suggest. Perhaps call or webchat with fitbit's customer support to see if they can suggest something? contact.fitbit.com 

Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you so much, will try to swap with mom and see before i contact fitbit. Have a lovely day

Best Answer
0 Votes

Luzinde,

What you experiencing is a continuous electrical charge on the forearm muscle originating from the charging pins. That causes discomfort because it contracts the muscle continuously. This might be a design problem and several people has expressed this complaint. Apparently, Fitbit has not done anything to mitigate this problem as of now, as only some people are experiencing this problem. My wife has the Charge 3 and has no problem, while I have the Versa, and experiencing the problem you described. The pain progressed to the point that I have to leave my Fitbit off at least an hour daily, and switch arms.

Then I noted a solution in one of the external blog, that suggest blocking the charging pins with a bit of electrical tape. Voila! It works! Be sure to clean the pins with an alcohol wipe before charging.

Bob

Best Answer
Thanks Bob
Does the tape still track as well? I’ve even stopped wearing it and shut Bluetooth off at night. I miss tracking my sleep.
Bobbi

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Hi Bobbi,
The tape works in eliminating the ache in my forearm. It does not seem to
effect any of the function of the Versa, or at least I have not noticed
anything different. I cannot find any mention what the four charging pins
does for the watch function.
I wore it all night, because I bought my Versa specifically to track my
sleep. So far, my sleep pattern recording does not seem to be impacted by
the tape.
Sincerely,
Bob T
Best Answer
Thanks Bob, I may give it a try

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I have now used waterproof tape manufactured by Gorilla Glue. It seems to perform better than the electrical tape I been using in the past, and it is more reuseable.

Best Answer

Thank you for thi explanation, I got a Sense and the first week I noticed the point which touched my skin hurt till I took the watch off. Recently I suffered tremors in my arm which scared me. I have tossed the watch and it stopped.  However,  will be reaching out to the manufacturers.

Best Answer

Hi Shielibe,

Wow, Tremors! Sorry to hear about your pains.

It seems this is common and I have contacted Fitbit, and they should have fixed that problem by now; apparently not! They suggest returning it to them for replacement. The bit of tape works well, so I have not pursued that avenue. I hope they compensate you for your problem.

Bob

Best Answer

Oh my goodness Bob You just saved the day. I've only been wearing my new Fitbit for about 3 hours and I was going nuts and I thought I'm not going to be able to do this! But the tape worked!! 

Best Answer

Yep it's 2023 and they still have those stupid chargers facing down. It is pretty bad that they have not fixed this problem I mean it's pretty ridiculous that I have a brand new piece of equipment and I have to stick a piece of tape on it. Shame on you Fitbit but I'm glad at least works. I don't use an iPhone and I felt like this was still the best choice for Android. 

Best Answer