Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking Exercise in a Resistance Pool

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Will  the Versa will track laps when you are walking in a aqua track/resistance pool?  I had a flex 2 that did track laps but only on an intermittent basis, even though I was consistent in moving my arms through the water as I walked....

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@esw1951 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

Versa is optimized to track laps only when completing a swim exercise. If you will be swimming, then you can input the pool length to track accurate laps. The optical sensor does not record heart rate data when the device is in swim mode because refractions from the water can impact the heart rate reading. If you will be solely walking in a pool, you can use the "walk" exercise shortcut. In walk mode, you cannot track laps. Also, keep in mind heart rate accuracy will be affected because of refractions from the water. 

If you still have any questions, please let me know! Hope this was helpful.  

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

If you leave it to Smart Track I doubt it will be any different, but if you use the exercise mode it should work. You would just have to work out whether to use walk or workout (and change the name afterwards), though I dont think it would track laps

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply. Let me clarify.... I do currently have the charge 2 and it works fine (except that I can't use it in the pool). I don't want to spend $200 for the Versa only to find that while it should work, it doesn't work well and consistently in the scenario I described. So, I'm  hoping to hear from someone who has had experience using the Versa to track laps, time, calories burned and heart rate during pool water walking.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@esw1951 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

Versa is optimized to track laps only when completing a swim exercise. If you will be swimming, then you can input the pool length to track accurate laps. The optical sensor does not record heart rate data when the device is in swim mode because refractions from the water can impact the heart rate reading. If you will be solely walking in a pool, you can use the "walk" exercise shortcut. In walk mode, you cannot track laps. Also, keep in mind heart rate accuracy will be affected because of refractions from the water. 

If you still have any questions, please let me know! Hope this was helpful.  

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

On the response it says to track jogging in the water as walking but the water offers much more resistance than walking on a track or inside.  Also, how does it support water aerobics?

If a person is exercising on a recumbent bike where their arms are stationary, is it able to register the exercise?  With the tracker I currently own I have to put it on my shoe to track this type of exercise, or using a treadmill while holding on.

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

On the response it says to track jogging in the water as walking but the water offers much more resistance than walking on a track or inside.  Also, how does it support water aerobics?

If a person is exercising on a recumbent bike where their arms are stationary, is it able to register the exercise?  With the tracker I currently own I have to put it on my shoe to track this type of exercise, or using a treadmill while holding on.

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes