Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring old Fitbit data to Versa

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How to transfer data stored on Galaxy S8 when changing from Charge 2 to Versa?

Moderator edit: title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You don't need to. The data isn't actually stored on the device. All the data is synced to Fitbit's servers.

All you need to do is go to the account section in the fitbit app, then set up new device and the transition is seamless. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

You don't need to. The data isn't actually stored on the device. All the data is synced to Fitbit's servers.

All you need to do is go to the account section in the fitbit app, then set up new device and the transition is seamless. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

All your data is held on the fitbit servers rather than the fitbit so there is nothing you need to do.

When you get your versa just add it as a new device in the app. You can choose to keep the Charge 2 connected to your account or remove it. Either way, all your data, settings, badges etc will be retained.

Just remember to give the Charge 2 one last sync before you remove it.

Best Answer

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SteveHwrote:

All your data is held on the fitbit servers rather than the fitbit so there is nothing you need to do.

When you get your versa just add it as a new device in the app. You can choose to keep the Charge 2 connected to your account or remove it. Either way, all your data, settings, badges etc will be retained.

Just remember to give the Charge 2 one last sync before you remove it.

Thank you.

Best Answer

@N8teGeewrote:

Thank you.

Best Answer

That didn’t happen to me. When I changed devices (from Iphone 7+ to XS), the fitbit did not restore any of the data I had on my previous phone. How do I get it back? 

Best Answer
0 Votes