Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring personal music to Versa from MacBook - Device Storage Full message

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been trying for several days to transfer my music to the Versa from my MacBook. I have followed several directions that I've read on here that have seemed to work for some people. I have done the following...

-Made sure the MacBook and watch are on the same wifi network

-turned off the Bluetooth on my phone so it doesn't interfere with the MacBook/Versa connection

-re-synced the Versa to the FitBit connect app on my desktop

I have a Versa playlist in my iTunes that is all ready to go. It usually will not connect at all when I hit the Transfer Music on the Versa, however it will sometimes and then my playlist pops up on the computer it says "Device storage full, can't transfer any more playlists at the moment" and a "transfer complete" pops up on the Versa - within seconds this happens, and based on all that I've read it takes a very long time for music to transfer. When I go to the music icon on the Versa - there is no music. It is not full, there is nothing - it literally says No Music Loaded.

Being able to transfer my own music to the Versa is the main reason I bought it,  and now I'm really wishing I hadn't and I'm pretty close to returning it. Someone please, change my mind! 

Thanks!

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

@Honaker4456  Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here! Sorry to hear that you are having difficulties adding music to your Versa. How long is your music playlist? I suggest you try with a test one with 10 songs to see if the process is completed this way. Since you have already tried some troubleshoots you could try a factory reset (Versa settings > about > factory reset), you will need to set your Versa again and retry adding music.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

That worked, I uploaded 260 songs (all it would hold) 10 at a time. A little time consuming, but it's done! Thanks!

Best Answer

@Honaker4456 thank you for the update and for letting us know that this worked for you as it may also help other members in the same situation.

I'll be around!

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having issues with the fitbit music transfer app recognizing mp3 songs on my mac. When I go to create a playlist it does not let me select the mp3 songs

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

this has not worked for me,  I am in a continuous loop without any music landing on my Versa.  I'm about to send it back.  I spent over two hours on chat support without success there either.  Have any last minute thoughts before I return it?

Best Answer

@Ray6 @Schultzy_s A warm welcome to our Community! Sorry to hear about your difficulties with transferring music to your Versa and for the delay in my response.

@Ray6 try creating the playlist on your Mac with iTunes or other music program so you can only select the already created playlist on Fitbit connect. After you have created the playlist you can follow the instructions on how to transfer music here.

@Schultzy_s if you have already tried all of our Support team suggestions then I think the best thing is to follow their instructions on returning the device for a replacement. I would like to know if you have a new one now or if you returned it to the retailer.

Keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes