Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off SP02?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there a way to turn off SP02 to save on battery life?  I’d like to choose what nights to use this feature instead of it always being on and using up my battery life.

Versa 2 / iPhone 8
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@CindiLi -

I have decided to install the clock face when I want to (maybe once a week, but I doubt it will be that often), reverting back to my "Big Number" preferred face the next morning. I agree, as shown below, that the additional LED usage places a slight drain on the battery.

The main reason for me to only use is sparingly is, as I stated in another thread, all-in-all I think the clock face is pretty weak. Yes the clock faces are clean and well laid out, but who wants to look at their nightly SpO2 every time they raise their wrist. It is important to look at once in the day, maybe twice. Having to tap the face once for every metric the face provides and not being able to select the metrics you want to see is another reason not to be impressed.

Having one face that is customizable, with a single tap to get to the SpO2 information when you want it might be worth revisiting.

Even better would be a SpO2 app that would report your saturation after a 15-second run, like the Apple Watch Series 6. And no, I'm not going to switch. If I was, I would have done it in January when I bought my first Versa 2. I really like the device/app combination from FitBit.

@Julia_G -

I was actually prepared to monitor battery life. It was very easy because I recharge my Versa 2 to full once each day within a particular 30-minute window when I take my afternoon shower. I perform no more exercising after that where battery usage would be affected by using the exercise app.

Between 4:00 pm and 7:00 am my normal battery level is down to 89 or 90%.

With the SpO2 clock face enabled before putting the device on after its afternoon charge, the batter level was at 85% the next morning at 7:30 (slept in a bit - retirement's great!!!).

Not a huge difference, but enough that if I didn't charge each day my max days without charging would go from five to four. And not everyone charges their device every day - there are too many posts on the boards of problems after they have let the device drain to zero.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, @CindiLi , turning off SpO2 is not an available option.  However, it is unlikely to have significant impact on battery life as it is only an LED light.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

@CindiLi -

I have decided to install the clock face when I want to (maybe once a week, but I doubt it will be that often), reverting back to my "Big Number" preferred face the next morning. I agree, as shown below, that the additional LED usage places a slight drain on the battery.

The main reason for me to only use is sparingly is, as I stated in another thread, all-in-all I think the clock face is pretty weak. Yes the clock faces are clean and well laid out, but who wants to look at their nightly SpO2 every time they raise their wrist. It is important to look at once in the day, maybe twice. Having to tap the face once for every metric the face provides and not being able to select the metrics you want to see is another reason not to be impressed.

Having one face that is customizable, with a single tap to get to the SpO2 information when you want it might be worth revisiting.

Even better would be a SpO2 app that would report your saturation after a 15-second run, like the Apple Watch Series 6. And no, I'm not going to switch. If I was, I would have done it in January when I bought my first Versa 2. I really like the device/app combination from FitBit.

@Julia_G -

I was actually prepared to monitor battery life. It was very easy because I recharge my Versa 2 to full once each day within a particular 30-minute window when I take my afternoon shower. I perform no more exercising after that where battery usage would be affected by using the exercise app.

Between 4:00 pm and 7:00 am my normal battery level is down to 89 or 90%.

With the SpO2 clock face enabled before putting the device on after its afternoon charge, the batter level was at 85% the next morning at 7:30 (slept in a bit - retirement's great!!!).

Not a huge difference, but enough that if I didn't charge each day my max days without charging would go from five to four. And not everyone charges their device every day - there are too many posts on the boards of problems after they have let the device drain to zero.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer

My Versa 3 battery life is less than a day. If I turn off all apps it may help, but the apps are why I bought it in the first place. Very disappointed in Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes