Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get Sleep Stages anymore.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I used to have the Charge HR and upgrades to the Versa (yayy!)  My sleep graph used to be the bar graph, but when I got the Versa, it showed the Line Graph with better sleep information for one night and the next night went back to the bar graph. Is there any way to get the line graph back on my profile. I prefer that one because it gives more accurate information about my sleep which is very helpful 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Palz thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board. 

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for posting your question. Please note that if you tap "Begin Sleep Now", the app will track your sleep hours and not your device, which means you will not receive Sleep Stages for that day, as Sleep Stages get tracked based on the heart rate recorded by your Fitbit device. 

I hope this information clarifies things us, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Hello @reesiepoo, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have brought this to my attention, please note that the Fitbit app currently has in-app error notifications that provide an explanation for why you aren't receiving Sleep Stages on any given night. This is meant to provide insight into what might be occurring to cause this.The error messages are the following:

1. We need more than 3 hours of sleep to reliably calculate your sleep stages. Learn more
  2. Your tracker couldn't get a consistent heart rate reading while you slept. Learn more 
  3. We couldn’t generate sleep stages for this sleep. Please try again tomorrow. Learn more

When you tap on Learn more, you will be able to get more information about why your tracker didn't record sleep stages. Additionally, I'd like to suggest the following:

• For any of the nights you were expecting to see Sleep Stages, did you ever click on the "Begin Sleep Now" or "Add Sleep Log" functions within the Fitbit App?
    • This is important to note because your tracker uses auto-detection to track Sleep Stages; so there's no need to try and remember to click on anything before falling asleep! 
  • Do you have at least 3 consecutive hours of sleep?
    • This is important to note because you typically won't see sleep stages if you are waking up multiple times through out the night or taking short naps.
  • Your tracker's battery isn't at a critically low level prior to falling asleep.
  • Your device is tracking and syncing heart rate data.
    • This is important because Sleep Stages uses a combination of your movement and heart-rate patterns. 
  • Your Fitbit App is updated to the latest version.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Reesiepoo. I had the same problem for my first month of ownership and poured over the forums. It was the update of the Fitbit app that worked for me just last night. Good luck

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @reesiepoo

Here is a copy of the Versa manual, it answers a lot of questions and may help you with the new sleep graphs. 

https://staticcs.fitbit.com/content/assets/help/manuals/manual_versa_en_US.pdf

Community Council Member

ALAN | VAN,B.C. Canada Community Council Member

Versa, Charge, Charge HR, Ionic, Ace, Aria 2 scale, Flyer headphones - iOS

Click here Fitbit help for more solutions

>Contact
Best Answer
0 Votes

So do you mean click on begin sleep now or don't click on begin sleep now?? I am confused.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Palz thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board. 

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for posting your question. Please note that if you tap "Begin Sleep Now", the app will track your sleep hours and not your device, which means you will not receive Sleep Stages for that day, as Sleep Stages get tracked based on the heart rate recorded by your Fitbit device. 

I hope this information clarifies things us, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the clarification. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for responding,i actually posted this almost a year ago, so its been solved! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for responding, I posted this a year ago and don't even have the Charge HR anymore, i have the Versa. Have a great weekend! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Palz and @reesiepoo I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. 

You're very welcome, I'm glad my explanation was helpful for you. In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This answer did not read the problem. It's recording the sleep time fine. But when you look at your score instead of the nice line graph showing hills and valleys. it's just a blue background with red spikes going up. 

I don't want to just know total time spent in each I want to see when REM is and light sleep is along with the spikes of awake.

Best Answer
0 Votes