Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unresponsive Fitbit Versa

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was wearing my Versa in the sea last week. When I came out it was telling the time. The Fitbit logo then came on and the fitbit shut down. I have tried to charge it, re-start it by pressing the left and bottom right button or 10-20 seconds and just hold down the left button for 10-20 seconds and nothing is turning it back on.

What should I do next? It is 18 months old. Thank you for your help.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I wanted to let you know, that my fitbit has started working again. 

Initially when I followed your advice about holding down all 3 of the keys nothing happened. However, I decided a couple of hours later, to try again- held down all 3 buttons for a good 20 seconds- again nothing happened. However, I then put it on charge and hey presto, the fitbit logo came on and it came to life. I then synced it to my fitbit app and it all seems to be working properly.

I hope that this will help someone else to also solve the problem with their fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hello @NaomiParker, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for your post and for trying some troubleshooting steps before to posting over here. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know if the heart rate sensors are flashing or is your device completely unresponsive? If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check our help article: Why isn't my battery charging on my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes.

Looking forward to your reply if further assistance is needed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your message. The heart rate sensors are not flashing and the device is completely unresponsive.

Best Answer

You're welcome @NaomiParker, your reply is also appreciated.

Since the steps that were shared on my previous post didn't work, please try our factory reset procedure following the next steps:

1. On the device, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive). 
  3. When the device vibrates, release all buttons. 
  4. Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays Fitbit.com/setup.
  5. When the device successfully resets, please use the normal out of the box process of updating the firmware. You can check: How do I update my Fitbit device? for more details. 

Take in consideration that a factory reset deletes any stored data, which includes all data that hasn't synced to your Fitbit account and your applications, alarms, etc. 

Let me know if further assistance is needed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there. Thank you for your reply. I have just tried this and it has not worked. There is no change in the black screen and there is still no heart rate movement on the back of the screen. 
what next? 
many thanks for taking the time to work through this with me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wanted to let you know, that my fitbit has started working again. 

Initially when I followed your advice about holding down all 3 of the keys nothing happened. However, I decided a couple of hours later, to try again- held down all 3 buttons for a good 20 seconds- again nothing happened. However, I then put it on charge and hey presto, the fitbit logo came on and it came to life. I then synced it to my fitbit app and it all seems to be working properly.

I hope that this will help someone else to also solve the problem with their fitbit.

Best Answer

You're welcome @NaomiParker, your update is also appreciated.

I'm really happy to know that your issue was resolved after trying the steps that were shared before. Please do not hesitate to contact me back if you require further assistance in the future or if you have any additional questions for me to answer, I'll be here ready to help you out. 

Because your issue was resolved and just if you're interested, I want to suggest you to visit our discussion forums and participate over there. There are several users that share helpful information and tips about eating well, how to manage your weight, better sleep, a mindful lifestyle and some inspiring stories too!  

Thanks for being part of the Fitbit family, it was a pleasure to assist you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there.

Last week you were really helpful in getting my Fitbit Versa working. The watch was working, but unfortunately now, the left hand button has stopped working completely, and so has the right top button.

I went back to your advice last week, but can't do a factory reset as the left and top right buttons are not working.

There are no sensors on the back of the watch so no heart rate, step count or anything. 

Please can you help me again? Many thanks, Naomi 

Best Answer
0 Votes