Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V3.0 - Notifications now appearing automatically?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Only had the band 3 days but at first noticed that I had to press a button to view notifications after a "buzz". Since the update this AM, notifications seem to be displaying without me pressing the button. Perhaps I accidentally pressed the button just as a notification came in, but it's happened twice now.

I hope Im correct.  🙂

UPDATE: It seems I am correct, from the changelog:  🙂

"Notifications now automatically wake your device."

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@JLH64 Thank you for your inquiry. As you mentioned with the new Fitbit OS 3.0 when you get notifications on your Versa the screen will turn on automatically. For anyone interested you can read the Change Log here.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

@JLH64 Thank you for your inquiry. As you mentioned with the new Fitbit OS 3.0 when you get notifications on your Versa the screen will turn on automatically. For anyone interested you can read the Change Log here.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

Is there any option to disable this automatic screen waking? I'm concerned that this will significantly increase battery usage, and additionally there are times when I'm in meetings that I do not want my watch to constantly be lighting up with notifications from an active conversation or e-mails. 

Thanks

Best Answer

Anyway to disable the notifications appearing automatically?

Best Answer

I would like this choice also but it seems to have been forced with the update without the option to switch off. Some people will want their messages to auto wake the screen but I prefer it to buzz only so I know I have a notification and can then wake the screen and read it when it's convenient/private. This was one of my fave feature between this and my previous watch. I'll have to wear long sleeves until it's fixed so we can we have the choice not to auto wake! It's a shame because I really loved my new Versa until this was changed.

Best Answer

Is there a way to go to the old firmware? I work in a store and customers can read my messages... i get 20 messages in a hour and it drains my battery 😞

Best Answer

Is there any option to disable this automatic screen waking? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not that I can find currently, I'm hoping they will add this as an option soon!

Best Answer
0 Votes