Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 battery is draining quickly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I love my Versa 2. Out of all the fitbits I’ve had, it’s been my favourite (charge hr, surge, blaze, versa 2). But all of a sudden the battery is dying and it won’t even last 2 days, same thing has happened to friends of mine.

I’m not sure what to do so I’m asking for your help. I could get a second hand Versa 2 knowing the battery issue will probably happen again. I could get a newer model Fitbit with similar features. Or I could try a completely different brand, which I’m kind of leaning towards since all the app changes.

Features I like: large watch face, customisable display, heart rate tracking, sleep tracking, specific exercise tracking, fun motivating competitions (I miss Fitbit bingo so much).

Can anyone give me some suggestions? Thanks.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @s1awin - there are quite a few things that can cause a shorter battery life, it's worth exploring them fully before giving up on the Versa 2, unless it suddenly arrived without any changes of conditions.

The Versa 2 is generally one of the good watches with features not found on the more expensive latest Fitbits. Depending on how you use it you may miss those features.

If you consider moving to another brand they can have even longer battery life than Fitbits.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Hi there, @s1awin. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear that the battery of your Versa 2 is not lasting as expected. I understand how you must be feeling since your Versa 2 has been your favorite Fitbit device among the other Fitbit devices you previously have had. We're here to help you! 

As @Guy_ has mentioned, please bear in mind that as all rechargeable batteries age, they deteriorate to some extent and an older device will need to be charged more often than a new one. The best way of minimizing this effect is to avoid deep discharges of the battery. To maximize the overall life of your Fitbit device's battery, ideally keep it between 20-80%.  Many people find that a daily battery boost works best ( e.g. giving it a 15 minutes charge while you are showering in the morning). For more tips and recommendations, please see Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life?

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer