Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 battery is draining too quickly

Battery started draining faster after last update. Now it won’t stay charged for a full day. 
anyone else having an issue

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

Hi @NewmanGB - it is not uncommon, to check if the watch is ok, fully charge it, sync and then turn off the phone's Bluetooth.

See how long it lasts in this standalone mode (you won't get any notifications).

The watch can probably go 3 days without doing a sync. 

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Both me and my husband are having the exact same problem. It’s to force you into buying a new one. Apple do the same both with battery life and phone updates. It gets to a point where older phones don’t support new updates and then some of your apps don’t work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Annalt - did you follow the previous suggestion?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you I will try this

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

The last 3 days won’t hold a charge for even half a day.  Have charged all nite and has a big red exclamation mark no charge!  Phone says I have 3%.  Don’t know if it updated.  

Best Answer

Mine is doing the same. Used to last 4-5 days, not it barely lasts a single day.

Best Answer
Now mine won’t even open. Started to just show fitbit emblem and a small print in many languages scrolling all I caught was to download something when I saw the english one. Couldn’t find anything on the app about a download and the watch is virtually dead, nothing will light up or open. Going to let it sit for a few days so it is completely out of battery then see if I can recharge it. It worked one other time when it froze on a screen and it wouldn’t shut down or do anything.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Hi @MLovul - it seems your watch has factory reset itself and behaves as new.

In this case you need to go to the Fitbit App on the phone and go to the device / account page and setup or add more devices, select the Sense and replace, to get it installed, again.

If the watch still behaves badly after being re-setup it may have a fault and if still under warranty can be replaced.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa is also discharging quickly. I need to charge every other day and when I do it never goes to 100% no matter how long I leave it on the charger. Always just 99%. Sad. It used to hold a charge for nearly a week!

Best Answer

Yes barely lasting 2 days now 😞

Best Answer

Thanks - battery lasted when not connected to bluetooth. 
once reconnected didn’t drain as fast. Last almost 48 hours. I wear Fitbit for fitness and sleep - I need the notifications in real time too so I can’t keep it off Bluetooth 

will see how long it can go and look into newer devices or a different product 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @NewmanGB - if your battery lasts fine when not connected to Bluetooth then it is most likely not a watch problem, and more a phone or Fitbit App issue which seems to have caused this. Being without Bluetooth is only to help isolate the cause.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue.   

Were you able to get it fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

So what so you do next?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same. Mine lasts about 3 or 4 days, when it used to last a week or better. It happened so suddenly that it has to be from one of their updates. And I've heard every possible excuse from fitbit and was offered a small discount to replace it. It's barely over a year old, worn no differently than my first one, treat no differently either. I've checked for cracks, loose corners, all of it to see if in any possible way the watch had been compromised on the inside in any way. Not a single scratch, crack, loose piece, no breaks between connections of pieces where they're put together, nothing. They just don't care. I've gone round with them about this for a few months now. Nothing. Nothing besides either I damaged it, or need to buy a new one. Trust and believe, it won't be a fitbit. I didn't have any issues with my Versa Lite, no problems with my Versa 2 for over 2 years (until THEY bricked it forcing me to replace it), but neither of them had any issues with the battery. Even after 2 YEARS my last Versa 2 battery still lasted a week or better. I know I'm not the only person which has had this same issue. I don't know how many updates ago but it was some time in February. It's saddening  And a very huge factor in many people's decision to leave fit bit. I'm sad to think that's the only option I have left right now.

Best Answer