Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 button stopped working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Last week when I started my workout the button on my Versa 2 was working just fine. Halfway through the workout I wanted to check the time so i pushed the button but nothing happened. The button suddenly stopped working. 

I cleaned the button, I cleaned the Versa 2 but it still didn't work. I restarted the watch but couldn't start it with the button. The only way I could start it was to charge the watch which automatically activates the watch.

It's is like the button isn't connected anymore. You can push the button easily (so no dirt) but nothing happens. I contacted  Fitbit but they're busy so it takes a while to get feedback, also they're first reply was to ask my if I cleaned it and to hold the button for ten seconds to turn it off.

I think the only remaining option is to go back to factory setting. I know that when I do that all of my  settings are going to be wiped but I want to know if my past accomplishments and data will be preserved. I've got three years worth of data which I want to keep intact.

Thanks

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there, @GCP23. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa 2 before reaching out. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

Please feel free to reach out to our Support Team once again if you have any further questions or concerns regarding the outcome of your case. Since you have reported this matter to our Support Team, please note there's nothing left we here in the community can suggest other than reaching out to our team again. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply but I wasn't asking for a fix or a solution to my problem. I just wanted to know what the consequences of a factory reset would be (regarding past data) and that is something I felt the community could help me with. 

Best Answer

I'm in the same boat as you are!  I have years of data and I'm wondering if a factory reset will wipe all that out or just the current data from today.

Best Answer