Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 doesn't count all my steps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My versa 2 does not accurately count all of my steps.

If I take any steps and my arm doesn’t swing it doesn’t count the steps 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @Blissfull. Welcome to the Community Forums. 

Since you wear a wrist-based Fitbit device and move your body while keeping your arms still (or vice versa), you may see a slightly different step count than if you wear a device clipped to your clothing. For more information, see How accurate are Fitbit devices? 

For wrist-based devices, it's important to specify whether you wear the device on your dominant or non-dominant wrist during setup:

• The dominant wrist setting decreases the sensitivity of step counting and should reduce any over counting of steps when your body is not moving. Your dominant hand is the one you use for writing and eating.
  • The non-dominant wrist setting increases the sensitivity of step counting and should reduce any under counting of steps.

To start, the Wrist setting is set to non-dominant. Change your wrist setting in the Fitbit app.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there, @Blissfull. Welcome to the Community Forums. 

Since you wear a wrist-based Fitbit device and move your body while keeping your arms still (or vice versa), you may see a slightly different step count than if you wear a device clipped to your clothing. For more information, see How accurate are Fitbit devices? 

For wrist-based devices, it's important to specify whether you wear the device on your dominant or non-dominant wrist during setup:

• The dominant wrist setting decreases the sensitivity of step counting and should reduce any over counting of steps when your body is not moving. Your dominant hand is the one you use for writing and eating.
  • The non-dominant wrist setting increases the sensitivity of step counting and should reduce any under counting of steps.

To start, the Wrist setting is set to non-dominant. Change your wrist setting in the Fitbit app.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes