Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 not recording sleep

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi my fitbit has stopped recording my sleep for a few weeks now. Tried doing a hard reset and it no longer even has the sleep app on the watch, how do i fix this? No guide seems to work 

Moderator edit: clarified subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Same problem. Versa 2 just stopped tracking sleep. Doesn't sych with ipad or android phone.

----

I did a hard reset and unpaired and re-paired bluetooth. Just as I'm ready to quit, data from two day ago appears. I don't know what is going on but it is frustrating. Ever since move toGoogle, fitbit has been unsteady in its performance. My problem is resolved. Probably not forever.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Same problem. Versa 2 just stopped tracking sleep. Doesn't sych with ipad or android phone.

----

I did a hard reset and unpaired and re-paired bluetooth. Just as I'm ready to quit, data from two day ago appears. I don't know what is going on but it is frustrating. Ever since move toGoogle, fitbit has been unsteady in its performance. My problem is resolved. Probably not forever.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having the same issue since getting a new phone in November. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the community @Lauren199501 @EmmaNorah @Ginalvsbnl 

Thank you for taking the time to share the inquiry regarding this situation with your device, and for the attempts that you already tried in order to fix it. 

Please take into consideration that there are a few scenarios where your Fitbit can stop to record sleep:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed). For more information on automatic sleep tracking, see How do I track my sleep?
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

In addition, if you continue to experience the same difficulty, try to perform a restart following the steps listed here, this has been useful for other users experiencing something similar. 

I would also recommend following all the instructions in this article to improve the accuracy of heart rate information: What factors can affect my heart-rate reading on my Fitbit device?

If you think that the situation has to be with difficulties to sync, please follow the tips listed in this article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Great ideas, however, I have had no previous issues for more than a year. I know how to wear the device and it worked consistently up until Google got onboard. I did the reset and the device now works with my Android phone but not so well on my Ipad. It's Ok, I'll work around the Google bugs.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried all of what you have done too, im wondering if I need to buy a new fitbit or maybe buy a different brand of fitness tracker? So frustrating as I have looked after my fitbit versa 2 so well

Best Answer
Discouraging situation for you. Before you quit, try one more time.
Do the hard reset.
Charge the versa. With your phone next to the charging versa, unpair your versa, turn your bluetooth off. When versa is fully charged, turn bluetooth on, pair your phone with the Versa.
Good Luck.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes