Versa 2 screen is unresponsive

ANSWERED

Hello! My Versa 2's screen is unresponsive. I've tried 

• doing a reset (long hold of button)
  • changing clock face
  • letting battery drain down and recharging
  • syncing repeatedly using phone

It seems to be functional otherwise.
Thoughts? Or if there's any other way to do a factory reset of the watch (without the screen), that will also solve my problem.

Thanks.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The problem is over for me...I've put the old watch in the electronics recycling bin.

Allen

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Hi there, @AllenCohn. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried. I'm sorry to hear that the screen of your Versa 2 is still unresponsive. I understand where your concern is coming from, we're here to help!

I've seen you contacted our Support Team just right after posting here and they've already assisted you. If you have any questions regarding the outcome of your case, please don't hesitate to reach out to our team again. Since you already have a ticket open with them it'd be easier to continue the follow up on this matter with them directly. 

Thanks in advance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, Maria,

Your reply is only partially correct: although I did contact the support team, they did not come up with a solution (and closed the case).

So I still need to find a way to do a factory reset without using the touch screen.

Can anybody help?

Allen

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have same problem. Green flashing light on back still working but no screen. Charging doesn't help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem. Versa 2 screen is black. Long hold of button brings me to "Set Up Alexa" screen. Cannot swipe in any direction for new screen. Long hold of button here only brings me back to black screen. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem- screen blank and not responding etc. led’s are flashing and data is sent to my iPhone app but I can’t see the clock face - a very basic failure of a ‘smart’ watch! 
I tried all the resets soft and hard, charging it, the screen does work as it allowed me to factory reset the watch but when I continued the reset the automatic update to the latest firmware took place and guess what the screen was totally blank after the update! Faulty firmware software is my suspect!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem - touchscreen is not responding despite resetting. Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem is over for me...I've put the old watch in the electronics recycling bin.

Allen

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. It just started in the last day or two. Maybe there was an update? I have tried all the same things after checking forums and YouTube. The watch is functional but will not swipe.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. Started a few days ago.

Stuck on "Reset Failed" screen. Touchscreen does not work. Holding down side button does nothing. Still seems to be tracking stats though, because I can see updates through the app/online. 

Best Answer

Hi I have the same problem screen unresponsive but have green light phone will buzz and recording stats on app but screen is black I have  been through support done all trouble shooting like you I am looking for a way the factory reset the watch without using the watch screen which is unresponsive. Support said I would but contacted by e mail but as of now it had an e mail. This seems a recurrent problem for many users. Can someone from Fitbit please respond hopefully with a solution 

Best Answer
0 Votes